OMG is it three years already?

lv2beasahm
on 5/10/10 12:30 am - Pennsville, NJ
Hi May 2007 family!  I've missed you all so much!  I can't believe we're here.  We're all celebrating three years post-op!  I remember when I first found you all and, one by one, we made it to the Loser's Bench.  I'm so proud of each and every one of us.  I know our new lives have brought about incredible changes.  Some of you may not know but I took a step even bigger than surgery.  Today I celebrate 14 weeks of being divorced.  It's a whole new world but it's pretty exciting!  I've met someone who is absolutely AMAZING.  He's so supportive of everything I do.  He was there when I first decided to file for divorce.  My daughter is doing great and so happy he's out of our lives.  He's had no contact with us since late February....that includes him also being quite far behind in child support.  But, no one was surprised.

I'm still about 135 pounds and still feeling pretty great.  The hospital near me has just started doing weight loss surgeries.  I'm trying hard to get a job in that department.  I think it would be a great opportunity for me and for pre-ops.

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone still checks our board.  I miss you all!

* Cyndi *
* Cyndi *

cschoen
on 5/13/10 12:15 pm - NJ
Yes, 3 years - unbelievable.  I did go through some of the regain trauma, but, thankfully not too serious; I have been able to stop going in that direction and, in fact have started coming back the other way - lost 3 lbs last month.  Slowly.  I've also readjusted/ or, should I say realized a more realistic goal, and, while it's not the number I would like it to be, I believe it's the number, rather, range that my body will be comfortable holding on to, and I will be able to live with.

You look absolutely FABOO darlin' and I am SO HAPPY for you that you have taken your life into your own hands - you deserve so much good!

I started a local support group with a friend/acquaintance from the monthly nutrition meetings we have, and it's been wonderful.  Believe it or not, we meet once a week at a Dunkin' Donuts, but NO ONE has anything other than a coffee or tea; and the staff just loves us.  Knowing that many of us drink decaf, they brew a new pot when they see the first one of us come in the door; they also assemble our tables for  us, and even know many of our orders!

I feel pretty good myself; had a weired thing happen the beginning of April, but all signs and tests point to it being an isloated albeit strange incident, so I'm getting back int the swing of things.

Other things in my life have been challenging, but I have been able to face/handle them better because I feel better about me!

Thanks to all of you; while we don't gather as we once did, i couldn't have gotten through the beginning stages without you!  Wishing everyone continued strong maintenance. health and contentment.

The other *Cyndi*

Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 575 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1210 views
5 years out