How did everyone's six month checkup go?

MotivatedOne
on 11/26/08 3:08 pm
RNY on 05/28/08 with
Had my 6 month checkup yesterday (with my surgeon). My bloodwork was good; no deficiencies. Protein wasn't out of range, but  a bit lower than my doc wanted. My body fat was at 18% (within normal range for an adult male) and my A1C was 5.9, which I wish was a little lower. Still, I don't have to take any more diabetic meds or insulin, so I am grateful. I need to stop taking my iron and calcium together, which I knew about but I was just being lazy. I haven't dropped any weight in almost 2 months, which my doc said is okay, because I have already dropped the standard 75% of my excess body weight. I have to go see my PCP, he hasn't seen me in 8 months and I want to see the look on his face when he sees I am about 80 pounds lighter than when he last saw me.

How did everyone else do on their checkup?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/08 6:58 am - Mt. Pleasant, SC
hey, my labs were about like yours.....protein was also a little low. I think your A1C is great!! Mine was 5.4 and I never had diabetes.  My surgery date was May 5 and I have lost 98# as of today....congrats on your great progress!
MelissaM39
on 11/30/08 11:22 am - MI
I had my six month check up about 10 days ago. It went great.  Every test came back perfect and for the first time in a long time I felt healthy mentally and physically.  It's all good.  Much like you I have stalled out at 181.  My goal is 150.  I can't seem to break out of the 180's.  I have lost 85 lbs and really am working my butt off at the gym for these last 31 lbs.  I'm sure it will happen it's just gonna take a bit.

Congrats on your loss!  Keep pushing toward your goal!

Shewolf
on 12/2/08 12:52 am - Rusk, TX
I didn't have to go to a 6 month checkup, I had mine at 4 months and then they will see me again on my yearly anniversary.  I've lost 103 pounds as of today, I feel great, have more energy than I know what to do with LOL.  I hit a 2 month stall at 196 and thought the scales were never gonna move again!  I've been off work this past week deer hunting and the weight started coming off again. ( I think my job is bad for me LOL ) When I had the surgery I was wearing a size 26/28 and yesterday I slid into a comfortable size 12 jeans!  This is an awesome tool we have been given!  I would love to lose about 30 more pounds but I can honestly say that if I never lost another pound I would be grateful for what I have lost.  I have never been this small even as a teenager. 
    My labs were great at 4 months and I'm not doing anything differently so I'm sure they are fine , I to need to go see my PCP he's gonna be shocked! LOL
Ya'll take care and keep workin that tool!
Shelia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 473 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1431 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1248 views