My 8 month mark

Tammy_C
on 1/14/09 5:07 am - tampa, FL
Well Hello to everyone. I finally had my 6 month check up but I had it at my 8 month mark .Everything went well. I asked about being cold all the time and the Dr said it was only a myth that we lose our insulation and we get cold. He said it had to do with my hormones and my body not being able to regulate the temperature. So that was a relief I guess. He said if I was a anemic then I would always be tired, which I am not. I started out the day of surgery at 287 pounds and a tight 26 and on my 8 month mark I am 152 pounds and a size 8 that's a total of 135 pounds and a whole other person.My goal is 135 so I have 17 pounds to go. I feel so much better. I think about how I was living before the surgery and I realize I was just existing. My weight  affected everything. I am starting to see the light now. I love playing with my 1 year old and 2 year old and I actually can get down on the floor now and not worry about how I am going to get back up.I am so grateful for this new life. I have a lot of skin and I mean a lot but the Dr said that the plastic surgeon wouldn't do anything until I am at least a year out and at goal weight so I go back in 6 months and at that time he will give me names.I hope everyone is doing well I would love to hear other peoples journey.
Tammy
Tracy B.
on 1/14/09 11:44 pm - Flaherty, KY
Congrats on your amazing success! IT sounds like you are doing an awesome job.

Hasnt this whole process just been amazing?

Tammy_C
on 2/6/09 3:57 am - tampa, FL

I truly believe its a new life. Its the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am finally taking care of me...
Thanks,
Tammy

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/09 4:00 am - FL
WTG and a big CHEER for you!  I was existing too and feel soooooo much better and happier...doing alot more activities and loving life...

You are doing fantastic and so close to goal...

My goal is a 6/ 8 and have about 20 maybe 25 pounds to go...
Tammy_C
on 2/6/09 3:59 am - tampa, FL
Thank you and you sound like your right here as well. Keep up the good work.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 473 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1431 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1248 views