Regrowing yet???

Clirishu
on 2/2/09 5:04 am - LA
I am 8 1/2 months out and while some days I feel the hair loss has slowed down, other days I feel like I could make a wig out of what is left in my hands when drying.  I say this to ask, for those of you who lost hair - are you still losing? is it coming back in yet?

I had such thin hair pre-op and it is not getting better!
Tracy B.
on 2/3/09 1:07 am - Flaherty, KY
My hairloss only lasted for about a month/month and half. I think it was around the 4-5 month post-op. My hair is very fine to start with and I was dreading the hair loss soooooo bad cause Lord knows I didnt need to lose any. But it actually wasnt that bad. It stopped and the regrowth started and my hair actually looks and feels better than before.

Do you get in all your protein? Thats the only thing I remember my surgeon and my hairdresser (who is also a RNY'er) saying.  They both preached about making sure I got my protein in. My hairdresser swears by it. She has a few WLS clients and she & 3 of her family members are as well and she says she can tell when someone isnt taking their vitamins and getting enough protein.  She will ask them if they are and the ones that she suspects arent will admit they arent...lol

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/09 8:27 pm - Hagerstown, MD
you know, I had a full head of hair right before surgery NOW look at me!  LOL  just kidding :)  you know I never had an issue with losing my hair.......I thought if i were to lose hair, I would have lost my beard but it's just as thick as ever.  I wonder if it's different for men than it is for women?  I was bald at age 24 so I'm not an expert on post-op hairloss.  i know some of the ladies on the Maryland board swear by taking Biotin along with increasing their protein intake and that will slow it but they say that usually by this time or shortly after our 9 months that it will stop once we're in a normal food routine.
Clirishu
on 2/15/09 11:04 pm - LA
This might be TMI but if I could get the hair the grows on my chin to grow on top my head, I might have nothing to worry about!!  Don't count on the beard thinning. 
fishingcat
on 10/26/09 8:11 am
Sorry I know you posted this awhile ago but thought I'd give you my experience.  I'm 17 months out from vsg and down 100lbs started at 230 now I'm 130.  I am able to take vitamins much easier now.  I think that really helps with the hairgrowth.  I lost quite a bit but it is growing in and yes I have had some weird stages with regrowth kind of sticking up like a little kid whose hair is coming in...  My hairdresser has been super supportive as well.  I did start using the Nioxin shampoos stage 4 for the visibly thinning hair.  Also here's a real secret secret Eqyss http://www.eqyss.com/  is a horse product but really works well and lots of folks i.e humans are using it.  I'm not a Dr nor do I play one on TV so go at that with your own caution,  but antidotely( or however you spell that!) I use it and have had really good results.  Best thing I think though is vitamins and time...

It does come back in, but I don't think ever the same.  My hair is thinner and I think it always will be, but I've stopped looking at Hairclub ads and wigs and weaves lol!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 473 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1432 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1249 views