How much can you eat?

Yahaira R.
on 2/11/09 12:36 am - Central Manchester, CT

Hello everyone is been a while since I post but I always try to read what you guys post and try to reply but I am doing great I'm about almost 9mths out and I still dont know how much is the right amount to eat I eat very little maybe 6 or 8 ounces I am down to 140 lbs which I think is great and I take my protein and make sure I'm eating right. My loose skin is driving me crazy but I think I would rather have loose skin any day than be as big as I was. Anyways how much are you guys eating and maybe some good ideas on what to eat...sometimes I'm not sure if I'm eating the right things and the right amount. Please some advice would be great thanks.

Clirishu
on 2/11/09 10:51 pm - LA
I eat until my nose starts to run or I begin burping.  Those are my triggers to not take another bite.  I plan my meals for the week and make sure I have lots of protein in my two major meals - lunch and supper.  I don't really know how much I am eating but I don't eat on a large plate and I eat less than my six year old niece.  I have lost 194 pounds so far so I feel like I am doing decently.  I decided from the very beginning that I did not have this surgery to deny myself all the goodies in life and occassionally I add those in to my day, but for the most part I stay on plan and eat only foods that have nutritional value.  If it is not going to enhance my vitamin/mineral intact - I do my best to not eat it!
Tracy B.
on 2/12/09 12:19 am - Flaherty, KY
For the most part I still measure my food...4 oz. Thats what my surgeon suggests.  I have found that I can eat more than that and that thought scares the hell out of me so I make sure to measure it out.

Congrats on your success so far Yahaira!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/09 8:37 pm - Hagerstown, MD
I think the quantity of what we eat still depends on what the food is.  for me, if I'm having cottage cheese for lunch which i often do, I can usually put down a cup and a half and I am full after that.  Now if I have something more dense like chicken, I can eat two chicken tenderloins and maybe a couple sticks of string cheese and I'm full.  I pay attention to my fullness trigger which is getting the hiccups.  when those start, I'm done.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 473 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1432 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1249 views