Happy Surgiversary all you May babies!

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 12:27 pm - Hagerstown, MD
Well here we are.......this is our anniversary month.  I'm not going to update my progress because it hasn't changed much since last month.  I did go the other day to give blood for all the tests they have to run on it for my follow up appointment with my surgeon....16 vials of blood! 

Celebrate your surgiversary!  go for a walk without getting out of breath and being in pain all the time.  do some gardening.....do all the things you want to do but couldn't before.  You have taken the initiative in getting back control of your life and taken charge.  reward yourself with an activity that you could never do before!  that will prove to you that you made the right decision.  I know I have :)

Happy Surgiversary!
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 10:53 pm, edited 5/1/09 10:54 pm - FL

16  VIALS!!     OM gosh....wishing you good results on your tests or some answers depending on what's going on...

I still have some discomforts from the surgery internally and dealing with a few things like others do... but no regrets.... I just wish I would feel better on most days than not feel good...but again...so much better with this weight off then if I was still carrying it which was even more havoc on me physically and emotionally!

I can not believe it is almost a year since we had our WLS...mine is my actual birthday...Cinco De Mayo (5th) and I am down 141...slowed loss...but losing still and due to changing my goal few times after I reached it at 10 months...decided another 10 pounds or so...just for fluctuations...

Despite the 5 weeks bed bound with the foot surgery I had in Feb.  ...*(having other foot done on the 12th.*)..I still lost in which I am so grateful...no use wondering if I would have made my goal of 150 if I had not had the surgery...

I am wearing anything from a 6 to an 8 in pants and smalls and medium tops 

A worker at my DH's place of employment thought he was with another woman!!   Too funny...she didn't recognize me and feels great to be where I am...

Life has changed drastically...I am smaller than when we married 2 yrs ago....way smaller than when in High School and my knees don't bother me at all...have OA in them and WOW.....what a difference!  Self esteem and confidence?   To the ROOF....not afraid to go anywhere that before would make me nervous about being able to "fit" such as into an airline seat....roller coaster ride...etc...no longer insecure about "other women" who have stylish clothes and great figures... 

VANITY... I know...what can I say...in my 40's but sooooooooooo comfortable in my skin even with the sagginess...just PROOF my tool worketh for me :)  Making up for all the years of feeling like the invisible fat woman...isolated myself from the world and all the gifts and excitement it had and has to offer...Life IS Good and God is good...all the time.... I am so thankful for this incredible blessing given to me...

Thanks OH family for the support, friendships and information I have been able to receive

Heidi

caron63
on 5/6/09 3:14 am - Hagerstown, MD

Yes, congrats to everyone on our 1 year anniversary and to all the individual successes we have had over the year.

I absolutely do not regret having the surgery.  It is the best thing I could have done for myself.  I actually ran, yes I said ran, in a 5k last weekend and completed it in 34 minutes.  If someone would have told me a year ago that I would do that, I would have told them they were crazy.  My youngest son finds it amazing that he can wrap his arms completely around me now.

Just remember to not base your successes and failures on anyone else and keep going at your own pace.  I sometimes am bothered by the comments that people make saying things like "You're too skinny now" or "You look gaunt".  Those who have never carried the weight around like we have do not understand how much better we feel and how much healthier we are.  Looking good is nice, but it isn't what it's all about, for me anyway.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Caron

MaurieG
on 5/10/09 8:56 am - Chula Vista, CA
16 vials - makes my 9 look like nothin' - Wow.

You have done fabulously!  GREAT JOB and Happy Surgiversary to you!

I can't believe it's almost been a full year - crazy how time flies - and being on this ride hasn't slowed down any - I'm looking forward to a summer where I can actually enjoy the warm weather and all the fun stuff I missed out on all of these years - shorts, being outside, not sweating while I'm sitting!  Might even do some things like kayak, play beach volleyball - what?!  HAHA!

I had many complications in the beginning - but, with it all passed now - I would do it again first thing tomorrow morning if I had to!  I am so grateful for my new life!

Congrats again!! 

262     139      /       145       /      130
Start  Current  Doc's Goal   My Goal

MSHAMO
on 5/11/09 5:16 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
MSHAMO
on 5/11/09 5:18 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Time does fly!! Can't believe it's been a year. I'm on to plastics!!  LIFE IS GREAT!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
kimbo76112
on 5/12/09 5:13 am - fort worth, TX
happy suregerversary to you also!
Love, Life, Live Long
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 474 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1434 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views