IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE

nancee719
on 11/13/08 11:34 am - NY, NY
Hi everyone
My name is Nancy and i am the first poster to this board.  I live in New York have a wonderful husband and two beautiful boys.  I started this journey back in April when a good friend of mine tolfd me she was getting the lap band done.  For the past  4 months or so i have been contemplating on whether or not this is something i really want to do, researching many website and jsut seeing what other people have to say. I went to the informations einar at NYU on Sept 23, 2008[. Just last week i was able to finally find out from my insurance Empire BCBS POS that i will need  the need 6 months supervised medical diet .  Now i never really had a pcp  and therefor dont mt attempts at  WL documented.  . I made an appointment with my PCP- for next wednesday  ( who i only know since july, 2008)  On  moday i took a personal day sat down and told my husband thaT i decided to move forward with my attempt to get the lap band surgery, and feel wonderfult That i am completely supported by him.  I am excited and scared about this process.  I'm unclear if i have to go to a nutritionist ofr sx months or if visiting my PCp will be enough? i have been expereincing a range of different emotions as i think bac k on the previous weight loss successes and failed attempts, feeling angry b/c i know i tried hard, feeling sad-becauSe most of the weight i have now is due to baby weight(when i got marreid in 2005- i ws 210 lbs and three months pregnant, withmy first son Ian,who was born 3/19/08- w went upto 250lbs- 7 months later found out i was preggos again- and was 280 by the time i gave birth to my second son Lucas on 7/13/07.) I am now still 250- BMI _40 and have not dropped any weight..  I mean i have always struggled with my weight but this is the biggest that i have been  and it is just hard for me to look int he mirror and be happy with what i see- and i guess i'm sad that i don;t like what i see.  Looking forward to the  jOurney but i knoW that in order for tHis to be successful.. i have to batte my inner food demons, confront my issues with food,  and change my relationship with food.... this will not be an easy task.. but i am at a point where i have to make it happen  or fear that i will be depressed if i don't.. I am tireD of being depressed about my weight.. it's time for change
tHANKS FOR LSITENING
Nancy
EOD WIFE
on 3/13/09 2:04 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK

Hi Nancy when is your surgery date?

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

nancee719
on 3/13/09 11:27 pm - NY, NY
Hi EODWIfey
Iwhen i wrote tis post i anticipated that i would have the surgery in May but it will probably be in June  or JUly.. not sure yet.  i am in the 5th mth of my 6 mth supervisd diet &  i just had my psych eval this week- yippe!!!!I called to schedule an appoitnementt witth the nutritionist and am actually meetin with the surgeon as well  on 5/25/09.  Not really sure how long it will take after that meeting maybe3- weeks. 
What about you w?  when are u having the surgery?  are u nervous
EOD WIFE
on 3/14/09 4:41 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
I started in Dec with a trip to my PCM for a referal. In January I went to a seminar. In feb I got my psyc eval, 2 meeting with a Nutritionist and one support group meeting. The end of Feb I met with the surgeon and then last week I got the EGD done. Now Im waiting for may 4th that is my surgery date. 2 weeks prior to surgery I have to do a liquid diet and that all they require.
Im not nervous at all, just ready to be on the loser's bench!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1390 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1378 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1248 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1115 views