getting ready

aphrael
on 4/21/09 9:05 am
Well now that I have my date I am encountering a problem I didn't expect.  My family are all trying to feed me one more "last meal"  I am pushing myself to lose some weight before the surgery since my Dr doesn't require it, and they are all wanting to make sure I am not missing out on anything.  ugh... I think I had more than enough "last meals"  I am just trying to not visit during meal times and focus on what I have to do.

What are some last minute obstacles you all are facing?  I

know I have the fear that many people have about going under the anesthesia, my mom and grandfather have had very bad reactions to one kind so I am going to mention that one when I meet with the anesthesiologist.  Probably better to play it safe.  

I have been so busy with work lately I haven't put in much time for myself to do the things I need to do before this surgery I am looking forward to the time off so I can really focus on me for once.  
iamfarfaraway
on 4/21/09 9:55 am - Charlotte, NC
Well my surgeon required a 14 day liquid diet before surgery I start that on the 11th of May for my surgery on the 25th.  There should be a something in the middle rather than nothing or 14 days.

Anyway best wishes on your upcoming surgery.

40 lbs lost pre-op

rose78
on 4/22/09 3:35 pm - san jose, CA
On April 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM Pacific Time, Sandy B. wrote:
Well my surgeon required a 14 day liquid diet before surgery I start that on the 11th of May for my surgery on the 25th.  There should be a something in the middle rather than nothing or 14 days.

Anyway best wishes on your upcoming surgery.
Sandy  at least  for Mothers DAY you can enjoy a normal meal !
That will be a GOOD last real meal for me!  5-13-09 Is my date.
wandac
on 4/21/09 2:40 pm - Advance, NC
I having my surgery on the 12th.  My family isn't as bad about trying to feed me as I am!  I am having some serious cravings for all of these things that I love.   Im trying to remain calm and leave these bad foods alone!  Right now my thoughts are on a bowl of homemade salsa and some chips!  LOL!  I may end up making that though....thats better than a pizza I guess!

I go for my preop next week....but I don't think that I have to start the liquids until the 1st or 2nd. 

Anyway, good luck with your surgery!  There are several of us with these May dates to keep each other motivated!

Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1390 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1378 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1247 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1115 views