may 21 seems so far away!!!

hamspam
on 4/23/09 4:17 am - Downey, CA
I posted a few weeks ago that I had my date (May 21)...the wait is driving me crazy...I can't contain excitement and anxiety!  I am trying to keep myself busy getting ready...trying out different protein drinks, starting exercise program, etc. 
What are all of you doing to prepare?

Oh, by the way...I came across the best protein.  It is called Isonatural made by a company called ALLMAX.  It REALLY is flavorless.  It does have the typical whey odor, but no taste.  I mixed it with a SF choc pudding and couldn't taste it, I mixed it with Crystal Light Rasp Lemonade and couldn't taste it.  It has 27 g of protein in s 30g scoop!!!  it is whey protein isolate...nothing else.  Anyways, I am not affiliated with the company in any way...I was just so excited to find this that I wanted to share. 

Heather (aka Hamspam)
5'3" - HW: 228  SW: 220  CW: 135  GW: 125

rose78
on 4/23/09 5:15 am - san jose, CA
Hi   there  it will be here  before you know it.

where did you buy it and  how much $?

I did not want to try any before  due to my taste might change.

I am getting more vitamins from vitalady.com  and going to Costco and purchase some ready made protein drinks.   I will get some soups/broths .

I will prepare my bag the weekend before my date 5-13.  for the hospital stay.

Good luck to you!
hamspam
on 4/23/09 7:23 am - Downey, CA
I ordered it from bodybuilding.com for $32.99 for a  2 lb tub.  It is pricey, but it has 28 g per scoop.  It is worth it for me but I can see how it might be too pricey for others.
Oh, the calories are 118 for 28 grams of protein.
Heather (aka Hamspam)
5'3" - HW: 228  SW: 220  CW: 135  GW: 125

rose78
on 4/27/09 4:10 pm - san jose, CA
On April 23, 2009 at 2:23 PM Pacific Time, hamspam wrote:
I ordered it from bodybuilding.com for $32.99 for a  2 lb tub.  It is pricey, but it has 28 g per scoop.  It is worth it for me but I can see how it might be too pricey for others.
Oh, the calories are 118 for 28 grams of protein.
Bookmarked!  thanks  so much fo r your reply!
iamfarfaraway
on 4/23/09 7:19 am - Charlotte, NC
I have been doing a 6 mo weight management progam for 6 mo (started in Sept and ended in Mar) now I am just waiting for my surgery date (still over a month away) 

I have been doing protein shakes 5 of the 6 mo program and still doing it, I love Choc so I am doing EAS Premium Protein that I purchase at Costco, I add 2 tablespoons of SF Nesqick to make it more choc and non fat milk.  I have also tried this with water just in case I can not handle milk and I still like it.   

I have heard that sometimes your taste changes and you don't like post op what you liked pre-op I hope that is not true but I have samples of other stuff I can try

40 lbs lost pre-op

wandac
on 4/23/09 7:27 am - Advance, NC
I know!  It is exciting!  I'm just under 3 weeks away and I can not seem to think about anything else!  I won't be long and we'll all be on our way!

Wanda
buckscountybabe
on 4/23/09 11:52 am
I just got my date too - 5/21!! And I feel the same way you do. can't wait! I'm doing the same things as you - trying different protein stuff and starting my exercise to get in the best shape I can before surgery .Good luck to you; 5/21 can't come soon enough for me!
LisaLisa2009
on 5/2/09 1:40 pm
Hello!  I am having RNY May 21, too!  I haven't tried any protein powder or shakes yet!  I guess I need to get on it and try some.  I am not sure what I should get there seem to be so many.  Good luck!
Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1392 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1380 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1252 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1118 views