May 20,2009

Jennifer M.
on 4/27/09 4:17 am - NY
Hi I am new to this forum, but I just scheduled my surgery date as this morning. Any tips on the liver reduction diet? I have to start it on May 6th. thanksss

Love always, Jennifer

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Purple_Sparkles
on 4/27/09 7:53 am
Hey There Darling! Sorry No Tips, I don’t have to do any pre-diet before surgery. But just wanted to say Kudos & Congrats on your Surge Date!
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
iamfarfaraway
on 4/27/09 9:09 am - Charlotte, NC
This is my 2 week liquid diet

Diet Regimen: A whey protein shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack that has at least 25 grams of protein per shake,  Sip on full liquids and full liquids between meals.

Clear liquids Allowed: water, broth (any flavor) sugar free gelatin, sugar free popsicles, sugar free kool-aid, crystal light, decaffeinated unsweeteded ice tea, decaffeinated coffee, flavored water, diet Arizona tea, diet Snapple or Propel fitness water.

Full Liquids Allowed: Low fat cream soup (cream of chicken, brocccoli, mushroom, onion, asparagus, etc.), V-8 tomato juice (not V-8 Twist fruit drinks) tomato soup, low fat yogurt, skim milk, soy milk, Lactaid milk, sugar free fudge pops, and sugar free, low fat pudding.

Dietary Goals: 
> 1300 calories per day
> 90 to 120 grams of protein per day
> Less than 100 grams of carbohydrates per day
> Take one adult chewable multivitamin per day (Centrum Chewable)

Helpful tips:
> If you would like to chew solid food, eat raw or cooked non-starchy vegetables such as carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers or cucumbers.  (NO starchy vegetables like potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes or peas) You may have a vegetable salad with fat free dressing, steamed vegetables with Parkay fat-free butter spray or vegetable soup
> If you are struggling with excessive hunger, eat 2 tablespoons of peanut butter per day (Smuckers Natural peanut butter is suggested) or a 1/4 cup of nuts
> Don't skip meals - try to distribute your protein shakes throught the day
> Avoid all carbonated beverages and high sugar drinks as you will not be drinking these after surgery
> Once a week (once during the first week and once during the second week) you may have 3-4 ounces of grilled meat (fish, chicken, turkey, etc.)

I hope this information will help you, good luck I start mine on May 11th

Congrats on getting your date you are 5 days before me

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 4/27/09 1:18 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Hi & congrats on your upcoming surgery.
My nut recomended NSA CIB, or low carb slimfast 3x a day. And s/f jello & s/f popcicles are allowed too as well as chicken or beef broth.
Good luck to you.
Kim

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

tjb1958
on 4/28/09 9:06 am

I am the same date, YEAH!
I start my pre-op diet on May 7th. I am doing 4 meal replacement shakes, 1 fruit, a small salad with fat free dressing and a 300 cal or less frozen dinner.I think I will be able to manage that.

Good Luck.

Tammy B

wandac
on 4/29/09 3:30 pm - Advance, NC
Congrats!

Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1393 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1381 views