Had My Surgery ON May 11th YAY!!!!!!1

Blumer11585
on 5/15/09 1:53 am
Hey Evryone, Just wanted to check in. I had my surgery on may 11th and it went ohhhhh sooooo smoothly. I was in the hospital overnight and went home the day which was nice. Once I got home, I was fine. Just alot of gas lol opps.... and cramping....  I was able to take a walk outside, a short one but it was nice and walk up and down stairs. 

My only problem is I forget to eat. I'm not hungry what so ever and I think this may start to pose a problem. When I did eat when I came home, I ddint knwo how much to eat, you know when to stop, so when I thoguht I felt full, (given I have never felt full in my life) I just stopped. But I woke up this morning and thoguht about what I ate last night, and I smacked myself. I hadn't eaten at all yesterday. It doesnt bother me, but at the same time I dont think that is right. Please don't tell me I'm the only one this happened to. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks

Rachael
iamfarfaraway
on 5/15/09 2:17 am - Charlotte, NC
Rachael,

I am not sure what type of surgery you had, but with my RNY I know the first full week I am on clear liquids only and they want me to get 70g protein and 48 oz of water.  I went and go some Protein water for that week.     Week 2, 3 and 4 I am on all liquids and pureed food (1/4 cup 3 times a day) and up to 90g protein and 64 oz of water.  Then soft foods for another 4 weeks then normal diet. 

I think the main thing they really care about the 1st week is that you stay hydrated.  Hope this information helps, best of luck with your new journey.  I still have a week to go for my surgery, I am on a dreaded 2 week liquid diet right now.

40 lbs lost pre-op

Blumer11585
on 5/15/09 2:57 am
Sandy,

Hey thanks for posting.... I had the RNY as well. Its just weird... I never forgot to eat. it was just something i did automatically. I was always hungry. Now i just forget. but yeah right now i am just on broth, water, sf jello, tea and cfrystal light... i meet with my surgeon on the 21st to get to the next step. ytou def. helped. I pre-op diet wasnt too bad towards the end i got used to the whole liquid thing and it was a piece of cake lol....

good luck wiht your surgery

Rachael
karen C.
on 5/15/09 5:16 am
Hi Rachael. I am having the lapband but I did research the RNY too. From what I understand, the RNY interrupts the Ghrelin system which is what makes you feel hungry. This lasts for 12-18 months which is why that time is referred to as the Golden Year. Good luck to you.
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

EOD WIFE
on 5/15/09 1:07 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
I am not hungry either and have to make a concious effort to eat. I use shot glasses with the measures on them to measure my food/liquid. Each one is like an ounce and a half, which is about my full point at one time. Be sure your drinking so you dont become dehydrated.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views