First day home

GrammySammy
on 5/22/09 2:33 am - riverbank, CA
I am 3rd day post op and home. Feeling a little weak and a bit nauseated. Overall, so far, so good. Recovery at the hospital was not bad, pain was very tolerable. Getting up and walking ASAP helped increase my strength and made me feel better and helped to get the gas moving out.
iamfarfaraway
on 5/22/09 6:59 am - Charlotte, NC
Glad your home and doing good, I wish you continued improvement.

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 5/22/09 8:26 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Sounds like your doing well. I didnt have much gas to deal  with thank goodness I hear it is pretty miserable.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Kelly S.
on 5/22/09 9:18 pm
Glad you are home and on the mend.  Walkind was my saviour in the hospital too, you wouldn't think you'd want to but I had a schedule. Wake up, pee, go for a walk, sip water until tired, take a nap and do it again.
GrammySammy
on 5/25/09 2:50 am - riverbank, CA
Thank you for the support, today is day 7 and doing much better. I am anxious to start to eat puree!! Never thought I would hear myself say that, giggles, but 8 days of clear liquids and I am dying for a protien shake!  My dog loves the walks twice a day, he is in doggie heaven. So glad I found this site, I am really a computer person, so this is wonderful. One thing I noticed is that each medical team has different dietary progression post op. Mine is first 7 days clear liquids, 8th day start puree and protien shakes and resume vitamins for 2 weeks, then soft foods progress as tolerated. I can't really say I feel hungry, mostly missing the variety of tastes I think.
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1393 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1253 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1119 views