Post opers:What is your plan? Look at mine please???

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 7:40 am
Hi everyone.. I had surgery May 13th and am following my program to a T- But I am worried its too many calories at this point from what I am reading that is common.  Could you also share what plan you are on???? TY TY TY!!!

My program calls for 3 protein shakes a day plus one snack. To all of these I must add one tblsp of unflavored protein powder. 8oz of milk was my choice snack but since it was nasty with the powder added, I called the NUT and she said just do 16oz milk with no protein for the snack.

My intake is as follows:
Upon waking : 9oz water
Breakfast: 8oz lactaid ff calcium fortified ff milk w one packet NSA carnation
Mid Morning: 8oz lactaid ff calcium fortified milk
Lunch: 8oz lactaid ff calcium fortified ff milk w one packet NSA carnation
Mid Day: 9 oz water
Dinner: 8oz lactaid ff calcium fortified ff milk w one packet NSA carnation
Evening: 8oz lactaid ff calcium fortified ff milk
Before bed : 9oz water (sometimes i dont finish)

Throughout the day I have 3 Bariatric Advantage calcium chewables, 2 Bariatric advantage multis, 2 bariatric advantage iron, and two 10ml doses of liquid zantac.

Total including vitamins this is about
790 calories
84 grams protein
5 grams fat

This scares me! I hear of people this new to surgery only having a couple hundred. Thoughts????? Is this just high because its liquid and will drop when I switch to food next week... or am I set up for failure? I want to follow everything and be precise because I am NOTTTTTT going back to this size. EVER!
karen C.
on 5/24/09 10:37 pm
I would have to say that this sounds like a good number of calories to me. I'm afraid if I eat too little, my metabolism will just shut down. And, of course, there's the spector of thin hair looming in the future..... Two hundred calories can't be enough for adequate healing, etc.....
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

uNiQuE, iTs wHaT i
Am!

on 5/25/09 11:13 am - Selinsgrove, PA
Not a bad number since it is all liquid and protein. Once you start eating food it will drop drastically. If you are really that worried about your calories (which my doc says not even to worry about this early out because we can't possible eat to many if were eating right...eat no sugar applesauce, no protein but easy to go down).

In a world full of cheerios be a fruit loop!   
Lilypie - (HynR)

260lbs.......148lbs........165lbs
                       Start........Current.......Goal 
                                Goal met 11/23

curecatlady
on 5/31/09 2:09 am - Somerville, MA
Nope, that doesn't sound too much at all.  My plan requires 4 - 5 shakes a day for 2 weeks and that comes in anywhere between 600 - 900 calories depending on the type of shake.  I'm losing fine on this.  Also found that I really prefer soya milk shakes to using milk in the shakes.  Cant wait to start my mushys in 3 days.
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1254 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1119 views