May 11 date

ellencarlos
on 5/31/09 7:38 pm - Brevard, NC
This is first day of week 4 and I am still nervous, excited, fearful, and all those other things that I haven't felt in years.   I just want to check in and claim my place in this forum.  I think it will be interesting and helpful to share with all of you at the same stages of recovery. 

My main concern right now is that I really want this to work, and I am afraid that it will not work for me.  Thanks for being here.

iamfarfaraway
on 5/31/09 9:24 pm - Charlotte, NC
I just hit my 1st week surgery day May 25th. 

Today I start full liquids and puree foods, I am a little concerned about getting off clear liquids but looking forward to the new choices I will have. 

40 lbs lost pre-op

shaunab68
on 5/31/09 11:23 pm - Black Mountain, NC
I'm not a member of this forum but saw your post because you are on my friends list.  :)  Just wanted to encourage you and tell you, "Yes!  It WILL work for you!"  I have had the same thoughts and feelings as you, both prior to surgery and in the beginning weeks just after.  I still worry sometimes, "Is this all there is for me?" in regards to the weight-loss (like I am right now!  lol), but everyone tells me that this is normal and that it will continue to fall off.  :)  Hang in there and enjoy the ride!  :)
tonigirlv
on 6/1/09 4:14 am - South Jersey Shore, NJ
I also had surgery May 11 and I feel the same way about feeling it won't work.  I lost 20 lbs so far and I am really thinking that is going to be it and this is not going to work.  I don't know why since I am hardly eating as much as I use to pre-op.    Overall I feel great and not deprived or weak at all.  Maybe that is why I don't think it will work.....this is all very different. 

Toni
decoster09
on 6/6/09 2:17 am
Im right here with all of you I had surgery May 12th and have lost 20 lbs also, but I do the worst thing I get on the scales everyday hoping for a 30 lb weight loss over night and get discouraged when the scales arent moving or will actually show a lb weight gain!!! My problem is that I am unable to take in any protein drinks, shakes, anything. I got online and ordered 100s of dollars of samples and still they all make me sick, the smell of the protein makes me throw up unlfavored or not. So my dr told me that since I was already eating chicken and things to find a protein bar that I could tolerate so I went and bought tons of different kinds I didnt mind the taste or anything and the bar went down fine but after eating it I was sick the rest of the day. so he is saying that protein makes me sick. crazy* So im struggling trying to eat enough protein. my biggest downfall is breakfast and also its hot out so I dont want to eat. I also will find that I will be out all day and then come in at night and realize I hadnt ate all day NOT good. So any help or concerns???
ellencarlos
on 6/6/09 3:28 am - Brevard, NC
I don't have much advice for you, but I do have concerns.  With all the emphasis that everyone puts on protein, I am worried about you intolerance of it.  I hope that it is just a passing problem.  It sounds like these come and go at will.

I used to weigh myself several times a day, but that was giving way too much power to the scale to make or break my day.  Now I really don't feel comfortable weighing myself at home--I can't really see the numbers and stand straight, so I just weigh in at the doctor's office. 

I am still nervous and fear that this will not work for me.  My next weigh in is this coming Monday and I don't feel like I have lost anything at all.  I am eating around 1000 calories not counting the medications but counting the protein drinks.  I am walking more and taking fewer naps but not sleeping well at all.  I have some sleepng pills but am reluctant to take them.  I am still not comfortable with my new life style.

I will try to be patient and do other things besides think about food and nutrients and obsess about every little ache and pain.  I am really glad all of you are here and that I am not alone.

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1393 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1254 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1119 views