Stoped losing weight And still have over 80 pounds to go

crystal2007
on 10/27/09 12:34 am
RNY on 05/19/09 with

I am so frustrated I feel like this was just another diet that did not work.  (PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!) I had surgery May 29, 2009 I have lost a total of 30 pounds and stoped. My weight lose has been very slow from the start I have Not lost any weight in almost 4 weeks.  YES I am drinking my protein watching the carb, sugar, and salt in take. I am exercising 3 time a day total of 1 hr and 30 mins a day 5 days a week.  What should I do?  I have seen a nutritionist twice since surgery she said I am eating the proper stuff.  What do I do? Hope this is not all I will loose.

iamfarfaraway
on 10/27/09 4:01 am - Charlotte, NC
I know how you feel, I also have stopped losing, I lost 35 lbs since surgery and now it has just stopped.  I have tried to up my protein intake and will lose a lb but then will gain it back the next week so no weight loss really.  I am a little frustrated with this process I want to lose more and not sure what else I can do.  I keep getting told it will just take time............. it is really hard for me to be good when my weight is not moving. 

I really hope things turn around for you very soon
Sandy

40 lbs lost pre-op

EOD WIFE
on 10/29/09 10:52 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
How many calories are you getting? ( I am getting about 1000)

I have learned that I have to get more calories in to lose.

Try changing up your exercise plan too.

After I hit 199 it took 2 months to hit 189, it can be somewhat disheartening to say the least. But this is a life long journey and we have to remember it took many years to gain the weight, so it wont come off overnight.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Kelly S.
on 11/3/09 10:14 pm
I feel for you!  I haven't lost any weight (except the same pound I keep gaining) in six weeks.  I can eat a lot more now but I am still eating WAY WAY less than I did prior to surgery and I watch my carbs/sugar, etc too.  I wasn't really exercising, so I have added that back in, but still nothing.  Maybe it's just one of those things and it will start again, I'm hoping but like you I am very discouraged! 

Don't get me wrong, I lost TONS of weight the first four months, but to have no weight loss in six weeks is disheartening.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

tonigirlv
on 11/4/09 2:23 am - South Jersey Shore, NJ
I'm in the same place......just completely stopped losing and wondering if this is it!!  This CAN'T be it!!!!  I need at least 30- 40 more to go!!   My hair is falling out also....I'm hoping to start exercising to get things moving again.   Don't get me wrong, i'm very happy thus far, but thought it would alittle quicker than it's been. 

Toni
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/09 12:02 am
I can relate.  i had surgery on may 4th and have only lost 45 lbs.  i have 55 more lbs i need to loose and my NUT made it seem like im setting myself up for that goal for the next 6 month.  I feel so discouraged and frustrated.  i had huge stalls with my first 6 monts.  at one point i didnt loose weight for almost 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!   im really focusing now and making sure i get the protein in, water and stay away from the carbs which i know can sabatoge the weight loss.  I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT ASAP
EOD WIFE
on 11/5/09 11:45 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
It is really easy to lose focus and get discouraged.

Some carb's are necessary for brain function.
Just make sure they are the right kind of carb's.
I am by no means dropping weight as fast as I had anticipated, but I have to remind myself it took me 26+ years to get in the condition I was in at the beginning of my journey, and it wont all melt off overnight.

As hard as it might be to accept, the weight will come off in it's own time.
If this was easy we would all be skinny and healthy RIGHT?
We just have to do what the plan calls for and keep on keeping on!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Sara C.
on 11/8/09 9:15 pm - Belding, MI
Wow, I wish I had found this earlier.  I'm right there with you guys. I was feeling so alone, but now I'm not so worried. It will get there.

Thanks for your stories.

The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
Anais Nin
Surgical weight-289.6/Lowest weight postop-173

jpas_mom
on 11/9/09 8:07 pm - Malvern, PA

Hi there,

Are you getting out to move more? Sometimes our bodies need that extra "push" to continue losing weight. You might also want to switch up your routine while working out, and switch up what you are eating. Our bodies have a tendancy to get accustomed to what we are eating too, so you may was to try "tricking" your body varying the amount of calories you consume one day to the next.

Just hang in there. Don't give up, you should be excited for how far you've come, not how much you have still to go!

Dawn

HW320/SW257/CW171/GW127
63 lbs lost PRE-OP!

aphrael
on 11/17/09 6:58 am
I have been avoiding the boards for a while because I was feeling like a failure because I was not having the amazing weightloss that others seamed to have.  I have almost lost 80 pounds but when I still have another 90 to go it isn't very encuraging.  I just read about people that reach their goal in 6 months or so and I am not even half way there and my weight loss has slowed down so much.  I too hit a stall of about 6 weeks and just wanted to give up on everything.  I am starting to lose again, only a pound here or there but it is something.  I am glad I am not alone.  thanks for sharing everyone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1393 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1254 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1119 views