What has changes the most in your life?

EOD WIFE
on 11/10/09 6:20 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Hello May'ers
I wanted to pose a question now that we are about 6 months out.

What has changed the most in your life?

For me, I think the thing that has changed the most is Attitude! 
I don't feel sick and tired all the time now and I am taking care of ME for the first time in my whole life. I can see a whole new life and future coming into view. Don't get me wrong I had/have a wonderful life, but now I can do more things that I had not even considered before.
Before WLS I would of NEVER walked into a gym and climbed up on the equipment. Now I am just like all the other people there. I don't feel like the fattest person in the room anymore (hey I might be, but I don't feel like I am!)
I am very thankful for the 2nd chance at life I have now. I know that it will just keep getting better and better.

So what has changes for you since WLS?

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

talksoupslp
on 11/11/09 1:57 am
I'm going to have to give this some thought.  My weight (even at 400+ pounds) never stopped me from doing anything.  Okay, maybe I couldn't go skydiving, or SCUBA diving or some other activity that might have a weight restriction...but those are never things I wanted to do then (or now).  Traveling on an airplane would have been a bit hard, but I rarely travel so that wasn't a big issue.

You mention not feeling sick.  I have lupus, so I usually feel fatigued and have joint pains - weight or no weight.

Then again, I currently use Darvocet for pain management (pre surgery, I used prescription ibuprofen...and I used it several times a week) of the lupus aches and pains.  I have gone weeks without it.

My CPAP machine setting has been reduced 3 notches (from 9 to 6).

My blood pressure meds were stopped 1 month post-surgery. 

I go to the gym minimum 5 days a week.  Okay, so pre-surgery I didn't exercise much and surely didn't belong to a gym...but my weight didn't keep me out of the gym.

Maybe the attitude has changed a little.  I've always had good self-esteem, but now I've been told I "glow".

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
Trish C.
on 11/11/09 10:07 pm

My attitude was always good, but I am a bit more outgoing and probably approachable.

I still scan a room when I enter to compare myself to others, and now find I am not the fattest person in the room anymore.  I also notice that there are alot of bigger people out there and I always think to myself, don't they know that there is an option.

The biggest change is my relationship with food.  I no longer spend alot of time planning meals and cooking, or deciding where to go out and eat.  I basically leave it up to my family and then have what I can.  It leaves alot of free time left.

Trish
HW: 247, SW: 217, LW: 128 CW: 151
goal weight of 130 hit, trying to get back down to 140

EOD WIFE
on 11/15/09 11:25 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
As shallow as it sounds it is an AWESOME feeling to NOT be the biggest person in the room!

myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Kelly S.
on 11/16/09 9:12 pm
Well, six months ago I sure as hell wouldn't have even thought about getting up at 4:30 in the morning to work out with my hubby~!

Mostly I am doing things that I couldn't do before and enjoying them. Like walking, going to games, going to the races.  I couldn't do that stuff before because I couldn't walk very far without a lot of pain.  Now I'm in pain, but that's because of the exercise! LOL

Also, sex with my hubby is enjoyable again. Even with all the loose skin.  Before I could barely move and couldn't really participate.  The biggest thing is that my kids say I'm a lot more fun now and I don't have to worry about breaking toilet seats and chairs anymore! 

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

EOD WIFE
on 11/17/09 1:17 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
That is AWESOME Kelly! congrats on your loss so far!

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1390 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1378 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1247 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1115 views