One year ago today...

talksoupslp
on 5/5/10 10:15 pm
I had my surgery.  In fact, I was in surgery at this time 1 year ago right now.  It's been an awesome year.

Prior to surgery, I lost 70 pounds.  Since surgery, I've lost 139.  My blood pressure is well within normal limits without meds.  My cholesterol numbers are all within normal limits (even my good cholesterol is up).  I've stopped using my sleep apnea machine, with an official sleep study to follow at the end of this month.  I'm still in women's clothing, but depending on the manufacturer, wear a size 16 or 18.  According to the BMI calculation, I'm obese, but just barely.  Another couple of pounds and I'll simply be "overweight".  Another couple of pounds and I'll literally be able to say I'm "half the person I used to be".  I've tried figuring out the last time I was this size...I'm thinking junior high school.

And the most important part of the last year?  After kissing quite a number of frogs, I finally found  my "Prince".  I'm dating the most wonderful man.  The relationship is going on 3 months.  And funny, I didn't mention anything about my weight loss until the 3rd date.  And that was only after I found out he lost 130 pounds about 5-6 years ago.  When I asked what he did to lose the weight, he started explaining the DS surgery to me.  I stopped him mid-explaination and couldn't help laughing...as I told him about my nearly 200 pound loss with RNY.  He thinks I'm beautiful (and actually told me that BEFORE I told him about my surgery and losing weight).

What  a year!
Elli

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
pitablond
on 5/6/10 2:32 am - Harrisburg, PA
That is fantastic!  And what a great story to go along with it!  Congrats!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

talksoupslp
on 5/6/10 2:49 am
Thank you.  I'm thrilled to have such a wonderful man in my life.  I think all my good karma chips got cashed in.  He's taking me on vacation to Hawaii in July.  And personally, I'd like to see a marriage proposal before the end of the year.  He couldn't have come into my life at a better time.

Fortunately, the good in my life outweighs the bad...but I take care of my disabled mother (have for 6 years).  And after a rough 9 weeks earlier this year with a total of 6 weeks in the hospital/3 seperate hospitalizations, she's home on hospice care.  Paul has been a great support during this time.  Oh, and I should add, mom likes him!

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
Nina15137
on 5/7/10 1:37 am - North Versailles
Way to go! You should have a nice little party for yourself with just close friends and family. It's definitely an accomplishment.

Congrats!!
EOD WIFE
on 5/9/10 2:30 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Congrats to you! That is a great story, continued success to you!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1393 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1381 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1253 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1119 views