scheduled May 24th!!! Seemed like forever, now its all happing sooo fast!!

chartrrs
on 5/21/10 3:34 am - Denver, CO
I have surgery scheduled for May 24 for RNY, Im so excited and nervous all at the same time!!! Does anybody have any advice or share the same date with me???
missjessicap
on 5/21/10 4:33 am - clarksville, TN

congrats on ur surgery coming so soon..i will be 2 weeks out exactly to ur day..i think the best advice i can give ya is pillows..lol..i never realized how important they become once u get home..i slept on my couch for about a week before i could touch my bed from not being able to pull myself up out of bed..and pillows defintely helped me sit comfortably and a easy way to hold my stomach when it hurt and a heating pad if and when ur back starts hurting..and when ur ribs hurt from air they put in ya..trust me those two things will help alot..good luck!

chartrrs
on 5/22/10 5:03 pm - Denver, CO
Thank you sooo much!!! Im packing two pillows to take to the hospital with me!!! Im so excited and looking forward to my new life!!!
kidsx3
on 5/21/10 1:10 pm - Lancaster, NY
 I am also having gastric bypass on May 24. I have the same feelings. I didnt like the liquid diet, but lost 17 pounds b/c of that.  Drop in the bucket for the big picture.  Good luck on Monday and look forward to your post surgery posts...
chartrrs
on 5/22/10 5:09 pm - Denver, CO
Thank you.....Good luck to you too!!!! My doc only wants me to have clear liquids 48hr before the surgery.....how long before did u have to have only liquids??? Right now Im only drinking water but I am getting HUNGRY!!!!  So the Doc said I could have a protein drink to help me with that hunger that I get!!
slvbullet
on 5/23/10 9:11 am - Cherry Hill, NJ
 Good luck to you tomorrow!!!  
lhamilton3
on 5/23/10 10:56 am - Dixon, MO
Make sure you have lots of pillows they will be your best friend for awhile. I have used all my pillows in my house and I still cant get confortable but good all pills will help to. 11 days out and its been a trail for me but I know it will be all worth it in the end. So stay strong and get the best support help you can have. My husband has help me thur this and he is a big help. Good luck on your surgery and may God bless you.
candidsbyconrad
on 5/23/10 10:34 am - Colton, CA
My surgery is the 24th also...Iam nervous......I just drank the gross stuff to make me go potty....yuk!
Karen28117
on 5/23/10 12:57 pm
mine is scheduled for tomorrow too! I am just SOO ready to get this show on the road. My mother thinks I am crazy, but I think I am finally going to take my life back.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics