Crazy life...

rockroll
on 5/24/10 11:12 am - Waco, TX
I was looking at getting it... but not enough resources in my area at the time to suit me. This was back in 07, then in 2010, out of the blue i find my old seminar stuff...and call in to the Dr's office. Bamb, they set me up for an appointment, bamb, I go and they tell em i could have the surgery in as little as two to three weeks... then there is a hang up..not going to be able to do it for 3-6 months after all because my Dr's note about my 75lbs weight loss and diet were not bariatric surgery specific... Doc said he's not going to go back and add anything to notes...cause I had told him i was determined to do it on on my own, but then realized 7-8- months later i really did need the help... so i was stuck starting all over again, then my Doctor looked back at my notes added the bare minimum of what he could remember from all our visits to try and help his notes pass medicare..without adding stuff he did not remember...(I am of course a silly antic and memorable..lol  Ha! )  and I was on pins and needles waiting to see if what he added would clear....AND IT DID! Back on schedule.
Got the Doctors notes for my diet history, got the psych. eval, got upper Gi, got Stress echo, and got first dietitian visit out of the way.......got a date........yaiy.......May 27th!!!!!  So I have been on this liquid diet...and they do not play... I got a list of what I could have and if it's not on the list they said...NO CAN DO....wow....but I have waited long enough. Time to get this party started..I will do anything at this point. Glucerna, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and broth my paper said. I had the choice of Boost Glucose control, Glucerna or bariatrics advantage... so Boost Vanilla at times, the rest glucerna. I hated Boost chocolate in that form and did not try the vanilla. Glucerna has Chocolate, vanilla I have not tried, strawberry I have not tried and Butter pecan I just tried..yum. I can also have diet jello, and diet Popsicles, broth...and various listed diet drinks and nothing that's not on the list...STRICT!!! lol..:) I have done very very good I think...no more headaches..they only lasted a few days in the beginning, like from the 2nd day till the 5th day. I cheated only by licking some potato chips...since I hate chips and love the taste on them I thought I might be safe there..and I was..no relapses. And I tried chew and spit like twice and it was not for me...it was stupid. It did give me something to do for a minute..and I think it helped with the fact that alot of my eating behaviors are boredom behaviors...oh I learned so much about myself it's unreal... I HAVE TRIGGERS....eating triggers...for real.....get in the car, shut the door and start the engine...bamb!! want food! CRRRRAZY! lol. But I only have a few days left now and Im just chilling out on everything, feeling fullness with my shakes and having to remember to get enough intake. I think I am ready...:) LOL...:)  I bought all new stuff for taking to the hospital..new robe and slippers, new underwear and bra and socks, a new bath towel and several new wash cloths, a new outfit to wear home that I though would be surgery comfy. I bought a new pillow and after reading some hear, im thinking about going back for a few more of those..lol..:)

ANYTHING ELSE? ANY ADVICE? I have not been on here getting alot for help or support or advice, I had barley kept anything on my b;logs...because I was not sure it was really going to happen for me in this life or not and now...it will in just a few days. <3 ...:)

Kristin L.
on 5/26/10 2:42 pm
You pretty much have yourself covered for now :)

HW 306/SW 295/GW 163/CW 161                

rschmidt219
on 6/22/10 6:54 pm
 Hi!  I had my surgery on 6/15.  How are you doing now?  I used to live in Waco, Texas, but am now in Cleveland, Ohio!  I used to teach at La Vega and was a counselor there.  Give me an update!!

Take Care,

Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics