How's your progress?

jenpNC
on 8/19/10 9:36 am
I didn't realize that we (with a May '10 surgery date) had our own forum. I'd love to see how others are doing. I don't have problems with most foods... maybe if I did my weight would be down more. I'm still struggeling with excersice. I get in at least 2 days a week... not the 5 that I need. I'd love to hear how many calories you guys eat at this phase too. Mine is usually between 800-1200.

Jennifer 

righthandkitten
on 8/19/10 1:53 pm

Up until today, I was eating 1/4 cup of food, three times a day. I went through Kaiser and they do not allow snacks or protein shakes. I did end up having some protein shakes when I was having some nausea, I dont regret that. So, I was consuming less than 400 calories- even on days that I had shakes instead of food.

Today was my three month post op appt. Moving forward the plan is 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup of food, three times a day. Mostly I am eating chicken breast, eggs, cheese, mostly protein (75% protein).  So,.. my food is going ok. Today I ate out, ethiopian food - mostly chicken but also some spicy lentils, cooked carrots, and yellow peas. It was divine to have something different.

Ive got the exercise thing down but I must confess that I have it easy. My work has a gym. So, I eat on my breaks and I go to the gym on my lunch hour. Thats how I get in 5 days a week. I actually enjoy it in the middle of my day because it helps me relieve stress. If it wasnt as easy as taking the elevator down 8 floors to the gym, I dont know if I would get it in as often.

I hope you are doing well :) Its been a strange journey.

Start Wt: 244
Wt on 4/14/2010: 204
Wt on surgery day 5/3/2010: 190
Todays weight : 130    
nicolawin
on 9/16/10 4:29 pm, edited 9/16/10 4:33 pm
My surgery was on the 18th of May. I've lost 63lbs. I still have some problems with eating but am doing okay about it. I'm can't eat baked fish yet but am hoping to soon. I seem to go in phases. I usually only intake about 600 calories a day. Most of that is protein.
Nicola Windmueller        
Linda S.
on 9/20/10 10:10 am - Acworth, GA
My surgery was 5/31. I'm not having any issues with food. Exercise...um, what's that? No seriously, I shoot for a couple of times a week but it's hard to find the time with work and all. I'm down 66 lbs and have my fingers crossed in hopes of hitting onederland at tomorrows weigh in.
Linda
My Blog - http://mwlj2010.blogspot.com/

jenpNC
on 9/22/10 3:26 am
You guys are doing great!! My scale hasn't been working for a few days. Maybe that's a good thing. I need to worry about numbers less and good choices more. My eating is ok... I need to up the protein though. I just started the couch to 5k program. Today was my 2nd run and I feel great!!! Sore... but more awake and alert then I've felt in years!

Jennifer 

Ruby_Trout
on 9/24/10 4:04 am - Canada

Hey Jen,

I had surgery two days after you and I am in a stall right now too.  I just went back to work full time on Sept. 7 and I though it might be related to that.  However, the scale is still stalled today.  We gotta hang in there.  I know I am panicking that I won't make 150.  I so desperately want to.  So, keep at it.  I will too. 

Ruby Trout 

Most Active
Recent Topics