Recent Posts

wdp1015
on 7/6/14 4:56 pm
Topic: Fife Support Group Tuesday

Hello,

This is a reminder that the Fife  WA Support Group meets this Tuesday July 8th.  We meet at the Poodle Dog Restaurant at 6:30.  Find us in the private room between the kitchen and the bar.

See you there

FinallyFit1
on 2/3/13 8:15 am
Topic: How is everyone doing

Hi

I was just wondering how everyone is doing.  I am having a real struggle with my eating habits.  I wish I could start over.

DEON C.
on 7/26/11 8:06 am - PEORIA, IL
Topic: 100 pounds gone!
Its been a little over a year (62 days to be exact!) that i have lost 100 pounds! I have went from a size 24-26women in pants to a 9-10 juniors. I have went down a shoe size and I can ware a large/xtra large shirts. I wore a 12 in underware (TMI) but now I ware a 5.
 One of the best things that has ever happen to me since doing this is not so much the weight loss but the confidence I got back. I am now working out 7 days a week and walking EVERYWHERE I go without huffing and puffing! I have picked up RUNNING  (once at 278pounds and 5'2 I could barley walk from my bedroom to the bathroom without taking a rest!)  and I kind of enjoy it!
 I now eat more fruits and vegi's and lean meats as before all I at was fried foods with a side of fried foods! aryI have totally gave up soda which was something I thought I would never do and my drink of choice is water and coffee.
 I was one of the lucky one as I didn't have any complacations with my surgary or nothing after wards either(knock on wood) exsept dumpming every now and again but those only last a couple of minutes.
 Would I do this again! WELL HELL YEAH!!!!
And i want to thank each and everyone on this board for their comments, good and bad, because I was a "lurker" for a year before I choose to have this surgary and all the comments and post keep me encouraged and on my toes! I love each and every one of you for your journey and stories and to be honest, I don't know what I would have done with out OH!!!

RLP39
on 5/15/11 5:25 pm
Topic: We should celebrate! 1 Year Surgiversary for All of Us this Month!
Don't know if any May 2010 people still check this board but thought I would try to start a one year post.  My top ten thankful post plus pics are below.  Please share!

I am thankful that ....

1.  I only need to figure out how to lose another 8 pounds versus 118 lbs!
2.  I love running now.
3.  I weigh less than my husband.
4.  traveling is a source of pure pleasure without anxiety.
5.  I wear single digit clothing sizes!
6.  I can focus on all of my other more neurotic reasons for being self-conscious in public.
7.  I get to finally dress in layers without overheating and am actually looking foward to summer.
8.  I can get in and out of a kayak w/o struggling not to fall or capsize
9.  I am developing a positive relationship with food.
10. I had this surgery...it changed my life!

At 11 Months out after finishing my first 10K... 147 lbs here

Before Pic at 257 lbs
HW/SW/CW/GW - 257/229/151/136                      

Ruby_Trout
on 3/3/11 12:00 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: 9 months for us now ... how we doing???
I have been stuck at about 175 since November.  I have dropped another dress size, however.  I am a bit scared that I might not reach goal.  Three months, no weight drop is a long time.  Sweet stuff?  Yeah, that can be a problem.  There is virtually nothing I can't eat but I cannot tolerate large amounts of sweet or fatty goods.  Not good for me anyway, right? 

Ruby Trout 

missjessicap
on 2/26/11 10:04 am - clarksville, TN
i have to kick the sweet tooth now too...i have started with the m&ms and i am running for my life..i was 171-172 last week and gained my first weight..getting up to 176.8 ..im freaking out..i am so happy with my results so much and scared im going to ruin them if i cant get a handle on it..other than the m&ms i am happy to say im addicted to only one food and thats shashimi..so at least its something healthy..happy to see others doing so good from our surgery month
MeliT
on 2/16/11 8:34 am - Miami, FL
 robin you are sooo tiny!! i mean my gosh! i hope you don't have much more to lose because soon you'll disappear! 

Robin S.
on 2/16/11 7:45 am - Chatsworth, CA
Topic: 9 months for us now ... how we doing???
I admit - I don't come here often anymore but I wanted to check in.   I know I"ve done really well and SO close to goal but starting to have some challenges.

I'm 'enjoying' my sweets more often than I should.    Yes, I'm still loosing and feel good but I need to nip this sweet fiend in the the bud now before it takes me for a ride I don't want to go on.

How you doing and anyone with the same tendencies I'm going thru now?
I'm Just Robin!
Highest weight 250 - Goal Weight 150 - Current Weight 147
*** Hanging with Weight Watchers now to keep on track ***  
Robin S.
on 2/16/11 7:35 am - Chatsworth, CA
Topic: RE: Surgery May 7th, I feel so much better
Well - I've not checked in with the May 2010 Sleevers in a long time.   How are YOU doing (and everyone else who is reading this)?

I'll be going in for my 9 month check tomrorow and everything for me is GREAT!!!!!
I'm Just Robin!
Highest weight 250 - Goal Weight 150 - Current Weight 147
*** Hanging with Weight Watchers now to keep on track ***  
Most Active
Recent Topics