Recent Posts

momheart
on 6/12/11 4:24 am
Topic: RE: May 17th Roux-en-y Surgery
I have been eating scrambled egg, string cheese, ground chicken, ground pork loin, yogurt (Danon light), and cottage cheese.  i only eat about 4 ounces of what I am eating.  They gave me a list of what I can and can't have to eat at each stage of the process.  Did you get a list of approved foods to eat? 

I am at the pureed stage.  Hopefully will take the next step up at my Dr. visit on Wednesday. 

I also purchased a wonderful recipe book for all stages called - Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery.  I got it through Amazon.  It gave me a great variety.  It shows what you can eat at each stage for roux-en-y, lap-band, sleeve, etc.  It's sure worth looking at.  The only thing I miss is "crunchy" food right now!  :o)

I have lost about 30 pounds.  How much have you lost?

Write soon!
shelbylawrence79
on 6/11/11 2:29 pm - nampa, ID
Topic: RE: May 17th Roux-en-y Surgery
I had surgery as well on the 17th. I feel great I am just not sure what to eat. I eat tuna and canned chicken. what are you doing? how much have you lost?
momheart
on 6/11/11 12:39 pm
Topic: May 17th Roux-en-y Surgery
I had my surgery on May 17 in Evansville, Indiana.  I am wondering if anyone out there is near the same time and how you are handling the eating process.  I think I'm doing great.  I have not had any bad effects, no pain, no hunger either! 

I just wondered how and what everyone is eating at this stage. 

Thanks for any info!

One last thing . . . NO REGRETS!!!!!
shelbylawrence79
on 6/10/11 2:53 pm - nampa, ID
Topic: RE: May 17th... Who's with me?
I had rny maY 17TH HOW EVERYTHING GOING?
krisbk
on 6/6/11 12:02 am - Warwick, RI
Topic: RE: May 2nd
I also had my surgery on May 2, I look forward to hopefully sharing our journy with some of you.

krisbk
on 6/5/11 11:59 pm - Warwick, RI
Topic: RE: May 4th Surgery - Rny - any one else?
Hello, I had my surgery on May 2, 2011, and I am looking for some people to talk with about their experences and how they are feeling now...

labellavita1982
on 6/4/11 10:23 am - Neenah, WI
I had Gastric Bypass surgery on May 17th! So I share the date with you but not the same surgery.
sleeved51711
on 5/30/11 4:11 am
I had my surgery on 5/17 as well!  I'm still on my liquid diet, but I get to start soft mushy proteins tomorrow.  How are you doing?
Jackie_Fabulous
on 5/29/11 7:04 am - NC
Topic: May 23 RNY complication
 I had my RNY done this pas Monday, and I just got discharged last night.  My opening was at 2cc's , and a normal opening is 10-15ccs, so he had to use a scope and inflate a ballon to stretch my pouch so that I would stop coughing up blood.  I couldn't keep anything down, not even ice chips.

Now I have to take these nasty steriods 4 times a day, and I am so weak!  I can't stop cryinging ether.  I am driving my family nuts and I am just not happy.  I know it takes time and what not, but I feel ILL.

Any words of wisdom?
Faith H.
on 5/29/11 4:40 am - WV
Topic: RE: May 23rd
Can't wait to have the drain removed. I"m great, no pain at this point, the drain is bothersome but other than that, when they remove it on Tuesday I will be back to my old self just with a smaller tummy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ugh!
peanutsmama · 0 replies · 902 views
ONEDERLAND !!
Fancy4684 · 1 replies · 1196 views