2 years out and struggling......

Tovey J.
on 6/27/03 1:52 am - Lincoln, Ne
It has been 2 years today[6-27-03] and over all been okay except with a 15 pound weight gain. I started out being 200 pounds over weight and lost a total of 145 pounds. I find myself getting back into my old habits more so when I am under stress. Iam a working wife & mother who works part time during the day and also part time in the evening to get my husband through school with what time I am not working at my evening job I am playing catch up at home or simply just exhausted to do anything at all including exercise. I have not done any exercise at all for 8 months and I know that is alot of my problem. I never have any regrets and I know I am a far cry from where I was 2 years ago but I am not at my target weight and I still have 65 more pounds to go. If I had to do it all over again I would have done twice the exercise in the very beginning, the more you get off in the beginning the better off you are when you become a year or more post-op. Iam planning on quitting my evening job so I can start getting back on track and taking care of myself. In Dec. of 2002 I had the excess removed from my stomach and am happy with those results, June 30,2003 I am having a breast reduction.
vli1127
on 6/27/03 11:36 am - Boone, IA
I hear ya. Kind of got discouraged from reading all the "I am doing fine" posts. I got to the low of 183 and am now 199. I still exercise, but eat constantly. I am going to grad school and am stressed with all that work too. Just have to pull up the boot straps, and give myself a swift kick in the rear.
Patricia H.
on 6/3/04 12:25 pm - West Sunbury, PA
Patricia H.
on 6/3/04 12:30 pm - West Sunbury, PA
Hi Tovey. Unfortunately I am glad I am not the only one that still struggles with my weight and eating. I will be three years post-op on the 8th and I had gained 30 pounds after losing 150. I had kept it off for a year and then I slacked off on my exercise. That's when it started to creep back. I got back into many of my bad eating habits again. It's scary in a way. I worked so hard to get to where I had been. I don't want to go back to where I had been. I finally got back on track with eating and exercise and lost 17 lbs and then I broke my foot. I have been in a cast for 7 weeks and I gained 9 lbs back. I am trying to control what I eat so I don't gain anymore back. I will probably have this cast on for another month or so. I have been using crutches since I broke it so I could not do any aerobic exercies. Once I get a walking cast on I hope I can at least use my Gazzell again. It's hard to stay focused in this crazy stressed out world. I just read over my profile and I realized that I need to get that excitement back about my weight lose and good health.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 Years Post-Up & Frustraded:
Birgit T. · 0 replies · 521 views
Iryna
Iryna1303 · 0 replies · 360 views
5 Years Post-OP !!!
Birgit T. · 0 replies · 364 views
5 year Anniversity
TONILOV · 0 replies · 400 views
Looking for Debbie Underwood.
maureenmosti · 0 replies · 552 views