Recent Posts

Birgit T.
on 6/24/09 9:43 am - MT
Topic: 8 Years Post-Up & Frustraded:
Well last months I made 8 years post-op but I am seriously stressed out over gaining more weight... I have now gained back 72 lbs all together sense June 21, 2001... I don't know what to do anymore...

Has anyone had the surgery done over?, How did they proceed on doing that and how did it work out?...

Wouldn't they just -re-staple or what would be involved...

Reply appreciated a reply on this, I need to regain this before it spins further out of control...

Thanks Birgit
God Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Things I Cannot Change, Courage To Change The Things I Can And Wisdom To Know The Difference..
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/06 2:42 am - Greenfield, MA
Topic: Iryna
Hi everyone! Do you have expirience with Lab band? I'll do my sergery in November 06. I really need to know more about. Please,help me!
Birgit T.
on 7/4/06 6:07 pm - MT
Topic: 5 Years Post-OP !!!
Well last months I made 5 years post-op but I am seriously stressed out over gaining more weight... I have now gained back 53 lbs all together sense June 21, 2001... Due to a ton of stress, my old eating habits of food being my friend and comfort zone have returned. I don't know what to do anymore and I am wondering if anyone gained back a ton of weight and perhaps had the surgery done again?... Wouldn't they just -re-staple or what would be involved... Reply appreciated... Thanks Birgit
TONILOV
on 6/6/06 12:51 pm - Fresno, ca
Topic: 5 year Anniversity
This month will make my 5 year and life is amazing. As I have often said I truly feel like I'm living LIFE.
maureenmosti
on 4/5/06 1:50 pm - Mexico, Mexico
Topic: Looking for Debbie Underwood.
Hi, Does anyone remeber Debbie, she had surgery like 4 years a go, Sha had a lovely son with a very bad emotional problem, she wrote books, lost lots of weigh and she was always on the board. I think she change her name, becaus she got a divorce. Hope someone now what I am talking about. Thank you. Maureen
joeyds1970
on 2/16/06 2:54 am - Nutley, NJ
Topic: 5 years and counting
Well 5 years and every day is always a struggle with guilt if I eat. I can't complain I started at 237 which may not seem like a lot to some people but when you are 5'2" you are round all over! I've been 160 and the lowest was 155 but I still want to be 135 some day and I KNOW someday I will get there. Depressed sometimes but I know its the best thing all of us could do to help ourselves. I almost feel normal but will always be a fat-girl inside!
Birgit T.
on 12/20/05 8:53 pm - MT
Topic: RE: 4 years post-op !!!
Hi Carrie ! Thank you for writing me as well I appreciate everyone sharing their stories with me after all we are in the same boat. Well I have quit going to the group for that there wasn't hardly anyone left, everyone was just simply not going anymore and i decided it was not worth coming in 25 miles out off town to sit there with a mere couple off people. So yes I sort off miss that but it can't be helped. Plateaus were always my problem and when i got frustraded i ate, well i suppose i didn't with the surgery as well. yet the first 20 pounds actually cme back in 2003 for that i got to go home to visit my folks in germany and cripes i was craving that food and i ate it. what after that made me rather angry but it happened. Yet the holidays are now upon us and that doesn't help me much either. for some reason my sweet tooth just had to come back and awwwwwwwwww thats not cool at all but i try not to get carried away with anything. As well as a lot off stress i had within this year made me hang on to the food more tightly what is when you think off it very sad. well anyways maybe 2006 will look better for us all. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.. good luck and god bless.... Birgit
Birgit T.
on 12/20/05 8:44 pm - MT
Hi Erica, well congrats to you as well on the great accomplishment and I am sorry to hear that you had problems with your pouch and such. I know i don't really want surgery anymore and yet I do. It is weird actually to be feeling two side, ya know one way pulling you towards the surgery and the other just telling you heck no. Will post more on this when i found out what works.. But I will try and just see what else i can do about it. *Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you and yours* take care.. Birgit
C. Lauer
on 12/17/05 7:41 pm - Lauderdale by the Sea, FL
Hi Birgit, I too am 4 1/2 years out -- I lost 139 pounds and regained 30 pounds as well. The surgical group that I had my surgery with offers a support group and pre-surgery I agreed to attend this group once per month -- I'm the only one from my initial group that still has maintained my part of that agreement. I have benefited from this group because there are several patients who are father out than myself. I had the opportunity to learn about the struggles that occur as we get farther away from our surgery date. Remember we had surgery on our stomach not our heads. Bariactrac surgery was a second chance for me -- I would have done anything prior to surgery but post surgery I make every attempt to resume those old behaviors and those behaviors go hand in hand with weight gain. What I did to lose the weight was to get back to the basics of my initial weight loss program. I cut the carbs and faithfully took the vitamins and also I got involved into an exercise program. I did have a rather large plateau in the size 12 range but after about six months of being true to the program (that was very difficult) I broke through and am now I'm finding that once again my clothes are very loose and I now have gone past my smallest size. Nothing feels as good as having a closet full of clothes to choose from and when I try them on they are too big. The other thing I've done is start to have the excess skin removed. I'm in for a lot of plastic surgery but the after results give me additional hope and encourage me to be faithful to this program. You have come a long way -- don't be so hard on yourself for a small set back. You've taken the courage to solicit help from this site and recognising you need help is a huge step in getting the help you need. Happy holidays -- I'm wishing you all the best.
erica74
on 12/7/05 3:49 am - Branchburg, NJ
Congrats to you Birgit. I was 4 years post op on June 19th. I went from 365 to 195 and kinda got stuck there. Unfortunately for me, I had a perforated ulcer in my pouch and had to go in for an emergency revision in October. I'm now down to 170, but I'll tell ya, it's not fun going through this again, and it's just as scary the second time around. Use the tool you have, don't go for more surgery if you don't have to. Erica
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 Years Post-Up & Frustraded:
Birgit T. · 0 replies · 520 views
Iryna
Iryna1303 · 0 replies · 360 views
5 Years Post-OP !!!
Birgit T. · 0 replies · 363 views
5 year Anniversity
TONILOV · 0 replies · 400 views
Looking for Debbie Underwood.
maureenmosti · 0 replies · 550 views