3-Year WLS Anniversary - Musings

Nannette
on 6/16/06 12:57 am - Toms River, NJ
Long post, but today is my 3 year WLS Anniversary or re-birthday! So many changes in my life over these last three years that reflections or musings are in order: Starting weight: 340 Current weight: 160 Although I reached my surgeon's goal of 156 (for about three months), I never did reach my personal goal of 150 - in order to be deemed "Normal" and not overweight according to the BMI charts. However, even if I never lost another pound I am very happy with my weight loss and progress on this incredible journey. Things to be grateful for: ? No longer having Type II diabetes ? No longer having weight-based asthma, or stress incontinence ? No longer having sleep apnea, and snoring so loud I disturb others ? Having energy to spare, and the stamina to go hiking, boating, jet-skiing, and anything else I want to try. ? Having my cholesterol drop below the 200 mark for the first time since I was a teenager! ? The thrill of shopping for clothes (and shoes!), wearing a size "8" (single digits!) - being able to wear a shirt tucked into my pants and a belt! ? Wanting to "strut" at times, and feel sexy doing so! ? Finally completing all my plastic surgeries and now being a shapely 39, 30, 39 - va, va, voom.... I can't NOT mention the loss of my beloved husband, Chuck, two years ago, and although his death was expected, the unbelievable grief his loss caused - but having the positive aspects of WLS to focus on, helped me cope. Feeling and looking better than I had in over 20 years, I was able to start socializing again with confidence. Now, for the next chapter of my life - getting married again next Saturday to another wonderful man - one who cared for me and nursed me through all my plastic surgeries, and supported me every step of the way. He never knew me as an obese woman, and may never fully understand where I've been, but he fully accepts me and knows that this will always be a part of my life. And finally, the friends that I have met both in my local support groups, as well as here thru OH. If I tried to mention you all, I would certainly leave someone out, but I value you guys as part of my life and am grateful I get to share a small part of it with you. I am a very LUCKY woman - Hugs to all on this incredible journey. Nannette RNY 6/16/03
lightswitch
on 6/29/06 10:44 pm
Happy birthday and you look great. Glad to see things are moving upward. It's always sad to lose the ones we love, but, it's a journey that you have begun and I'm happy you didn't stop the journey and stay in one place. Here's to you
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/06 3:06 am - Georgia Peach, MD
Wishing many more blessings to you!
nanasheart
on 3/9/10 6:04 pm
 Hi Nannette...I found you on OH by searching 3 year anniversaries.  You look great & it sounds like you have such a positive attitude.  I was wondering if you would share how you accomplished your goals?  I'm 3 years out this month & I have gained back about 12 lbs & have no idea what to do or how to go about losing more weight.  It's as if I've forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing.  I would really welcome & appreciate any suggestions you can give me on how to get back on track.  I feel like I did before the surgery - hopeless & another failure.  I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing right now to lose more weight.  My insurance changed awhile back & I can't afford to go to the dr on a regular basis.  I don't  think I've ever been to that "sweet spot" that they kept telling me about.  I'm hardly ever satisfied/full...when I eat, but I do have  a lot of pain if I eat very much.   What would you do if you were me?  Did you experience anything like this?  Thanks for your time - I really look forward to hearing back from you & CONGRATS on your success!
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 845 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views