Boring

D. S
on 8/31/04 12:42 am
This is such a boring page. Where is everyone? I would love to hear from others at the same stage. How's it going?
wkore
on 8/31/04 5:04 am - Upper Darby, PA
Hi Dawn, I am a "November 2003", but I felt bad that your month is so slow so I thought I'd say hi. I started at 268 and now weigh 143. Can wear a size 8 which makes me cry. I went to a plastic surgeon today and am thinking about a Plan???? tummy tuck that almost goes all the way around which helps the awful saddlebags. I hope you get more people involved in June, but I have noticed that it has been really slow on all of the older boards.
Rebecca B.
on 9/13/04 1:00 am - Ravenna, oh
I never post because the 4 or 5 times i did i didnt get any replies.... I am down 147 lbs. started at 366 and weighed 2 wks ago at 219... went from size 28 to 16 i am still a big girl but i feel great....... i will check here 2 x aweek and see if its picking up... my surgery date was 6-30-03.... Would love to have plastic surgery but with four kids and husband in school this single income women will just keep covering it up..... take care all becky b
D. S
on 3/20/05 9:31 pm
Hi Becky. Congratulations on your weight loss. I too am hoping for plastic surgery. I was denied last year by UHC so I changed to Aetna this year. They have now denied me too. My surgeon is going to call them this week and try to talk them into it but I really don't have any hope. I can't afford to pay for it myself especially since my time off of work wouldn't be payed if it weren't an insurance approved procedure. Maybe in a year or two I'll go to Brazil but it seems awfully indulgent to spend money on myself like this when I have kids that will be going to college in about 6 years. I too will continue covering it up. Girdle like underpants have become my staple however I'm not sure how well this will work in the hot summer. It may convince me to get some work done and send the kids to community college (just kidding). Take care and good luck. Keep me posted. I don't get to go to any support group meetings due to my husbands work schedule so I'm dying to here how others are doing.
Tonya P.
on 9/13/04 12:53 pm - Springfield, IL
I am Tonya. My surgery was June 25, 2003. My highest weight was 256, size 24-26. I am now at 129, size 6-8. I feel so healthy now. I have so much more energy. My family tells me I'm too small, too scrawny. I still hear all of the old comments of how "I just let myself whittle away to nothing!" or my new favorite "Your neck is too thin! You need to eat!!" But I feel good and I think I look good. I still do not see myself in my mind as a thin person. I am shocked when I look in a mirror or happen to see my reflection in glass, and see how skinny I look. I think my face is too thin. And I'm very boney. And I have the most saggy skin, everywhere! I'm sagging in places I didn't know you could sag! I looked on a website last night for a plastic surgeon, viewing the before and after photo's. I began to think that my wrinkly body is not all that bad, after see some of them on that website! All that matters is I am healthy now, I have more energy to keep up with a toddler and an 8 year old. And my husband thinks I'm beautiful, wrinkly body and all. I do have a major issue right now, though. I feel like I'm eating all the time. I don't want to gain the weight back, at all, but I just feel like all I do is eat. I may not even be hungry, but I'll be like, "Popcorn sure sounds good right now!" and I'll go fix it. And I'll end up eating half a bag, before I can pull myself away from it. Not all of my food choices have been healthy. I have found out I can eat sweets with no problem. Well, I can't eat the icing off cake. That makes me ill. But, I can eat pretty much everything else. Well, except for ice cream. That doesn't sit well either. But.......Everything else. Any ideas for me?? Besides, JUST SAY NO! Thanks for listening to me babble. I just found this message board this evening. And any ideas are appreciated. Thanks. Tonya
D. S
on 3/20/05 9:41 pm
I think it takes a while for our skin and body to adjust to the weight loss. People told me that I looked kind of bad for a while but now I look fine (at least the parts they can see). I hear your struggle about eating all the time now. I struggle with the same thing. I wish I had some ideas for you but if I did, I wouldn't have the same problems. I just got back from a business trip to Europe and I took some time for visiting some friends. Let's just say, me and Belgium chocolate became quite good friends. I am trying to get back on track now but those carbs have a very strong hold on me now. I feel so out of control. I have at least begun to make some better choices which has put some of the cravings at bay. I have to just keep trying. I don't get sick from anything either except whip cream/cool whip, sugar free ice cream and cereal with milk (even low carb). I can eat huge amounts of food (probably as much as my 210 pound husband) without feeling full. It's very scary. I try not to eat to feel full and stop earlier but sometimes it's hard. I think I'm broken. I know this is only a tool but man, did it have to go away so quickly and so completetly? Good luck to you and keep in touch!
Julesbird
on 10/12/04 7:27 am - Damascus, OR
Hi, I had my surgery on June 27th 2003 and have gone from 374lbs to 230. Size 32 to size 16-18. I just found this board - I occasionally post on message boards, but since I can't stick around to watch for responses I lose interest quickly; I'll try to check in more on this one! I lost my weight very slowly (or so it seems compared to others) I had lost down to around 340 before I had the surgery, so I have lost 110lbs since. It feels great to be able to move again. I've read so many posts where someone looked in the mirror and was surprised they were looking at themself. I have a rather embarrassing story along those lines - it happened two weeks ago. I was doing some volunteer work at a haunted house and while between "guests" I went exploring the haunt (trying to find a faster way to the bathroom) and found that I could go behind the "spider web" in one spot - when I took a few steps it appeared that someone else was walking right towards me, so I said excuse me and tried to step around, and of course the "other person" also made to step around at the same time - like an idiot it took me three times to actually realize I was looking at MYSELF! Talk about feeling weird! I told my husband and he just laughed. You'd think that I was dressed up for this haunting work - but I was just dressed in black and the light was low. I'm blaming the lighting - that's my story and I'm sticking to it, it was the lights, uh-huh! That was the first time that has EVER happened to me, but it made me actually see the changes - that isn't an easy thing. So many of us have a hard time seeing the differences that others see in our appearance, I've been one who couldn't. The next week I decided to go thru my smaller clothes again and I discovered about 8 outfits that I can now wear and 4 that I can squeeze into - they'll fit before the holiday's . I actually have a dress in size 12 that fits! I don't believe that the tag is correct, or maybe it's just a style that works for me . Anyway what a rush! I can't wait to wear size 12 no matter what the style - that is my goal size. Thanks for letting me share! see ya!
Lpaekc
on 11/8/04 8:49 pm - Montague, MI
Congrats on hitting your goal size!!!!! How cool is that and just a year out! I hope Im as lucky... I had my surgery in June of 2004 I just wanted to come see how people this far out were doing and man are you all doing GREAT! Very inspiring!!
D. S
on 3/20/05 9:56 pm
Hi Julia. I hope you were able to make it into that size 12 dress. I bet you look and feel great either way. I am all over the place with sizes. I can go any where from 12 to 16. I never made it to goal which is kind of sad. I think I'm afraid to see myself that small. I was about 190 pounds all of my life (with the excepting of getting pregnant and ballooning to 315 and never losing it). As soon as I reached 185 I stopped trying and probably did somethings to sabotage myself. I tested into things pretting early (vacation to Mexico at 6 months) and from then on it was down hill (or not so uphill). Sometimes I'm very proud of myself for getting this far, othertimes I feel like I failed. I think I have body dismorphia but backwards. When I was losing weight I felt I looked better then I did. Now that time has passed I don't feel quite the same. I know I am still large (especially since my shirts are still large and x-large). I hope you have continued success. Keep in touch. p.s. cute halloween story.
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/04 11:59 pm - York Haven, PA
My name is Jen, i am 32, and I had surgery June 2nd 2003...I was 429, I am now 170 and LOVE IT!! I went from a 32-34 down to a 12, and am so BLESSED!! Love to all Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 803 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 815 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 841 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 811 views