Plastics

D. S
on 4/8/05 5:22 am
It seems like everyone has plastic surgery done. I have applied (and been denied) twice. I'm still trying but I'm amazed at the number of people that have tummy tucks. I never made it to goal (missed it by about 20 pounds) so I don't really feel like I deserve a flat stomach. It would be nice but the rest of me is still pretty lumpy plus I've gained another 10 pounds, making me 30 pounds from goal. I guess I'm writing this post for 2 reasons. One, I need your support and well wishes as I continue to try for plastics and two, I want to hear from those of you that are at this same stage and have already had plastics.
Char H.
on 5/5/05 6:48 am - Rockford, IL
I would love to have plastic surgery, however, I have not even tried to get my insurance to approve it, because I know that they wouldn't. I have lost 95 pounds, I am still 20 pounds +/- from my personal goal. I don't have a flat tummy by any means, but I never did. My probelem is my legs, thighs in paticular. They look terrible. I don't have a hope of putting on a pair of shorts this summer, I will have to stick to capri's. I really need a thigh lift, do they do those? LOL I can live with my tummy if I must, but the legs have to go. I don't have any idea what the cost would be. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has had any plastic surgery - what are the requriements?
Janine Greenwood
on 5/6/05 12:09 am - Long Beach, CA
I have lost -219 pounds and my arms, thighs, butt, boobs, and tummy need to be done. I am so OVERWHELMED not knowing how to get INS.. to pay for this I just do nothing about it. I want it done. I deserve it. I have come so far in less then 2 yrs. and wan to wear shorts, tank tops, etc. I have NEVER in my LIFE wore shorts etc I have always been so big. NOW at 162 and 5 ft. 9 I could do it if I have the extra skin gone. I am so sad and depressed HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T LOOK BAD IN CLOTHS AT ALL BUT WHEN I GET NEKED yikes!!! I have Medicare and BCBS
jennrocks27
on 6/23/05 4:57 am - Glendale, AZ
I can completely relate to you. I have lost 215 lbs and in a size 4-6. I think I look great in clothes but god forbid anyone has to see me with them off! HEHE. I am going to have plastic surgery and my insurance probably won't cover it but I am going to find a way to pay for it. I am only 27 and it's like you said...we deserve this! Wish you the best of luck!
tamitazz
on 5/11/05 7:03 am - MI
Hi Dawn; I lost 143lbs which was 1/2 of myself. I have had a TT and BA with reconstruction. My legs and arms are not bad. I just need to work them which I must say I do not do. My tummy has NEVER been flat but it is now and I love it. I wore a bikini for the first time in my life while on vacation in April. I have Traditional BCBS of MI, they paid for my TT but I had to fork out the money for the breast work. Good Luck on your quest.
carolinamamasita
on 6/28/05 2:17 am - Erie, PA
Hi Dawn: don't feel bad...I feel like I am way off too...got denied by insurance because of the wording PS submitted to insurance company as cosmetic...AAAHHH!!!! I had started to gain weight after that too, I felt depressed , and like stuff just wasn't going to happen for me either, and then I thought...WHAT AM I DOING??? I have worked so hard to lose this weight...to get my RNY done...and I am going to do whatever it takes to get to where I WANT TO BE...I rejoined my Weigh****chers, and I have been faithfully going now for 12 weeks, and have lost 12.8 pounds since then...it is slow, but I am DETERMINED... Stick in with it... and if we have to pay for plastic surgery... look also into other countries, the have good doctors , some of them, and are cheaper because their eceonomies over there are cheaper... You worked hard, and you deserve it.... FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU WANT... it is your body...CAROL
Nannette
on 8/9/05 2:53 am - Toms River, NJ
Hey guys -- I have lost 180 pounds and have recently completed all my plastics (or so I hope). I had a lower body lift in January and was successful in getting insurance (Aetna) to cover most of it by providing four months of medical documentation of "rashes" (read between the quotes please....). I also had my arms and breasts done in another surgery, and recently completed my inner thighs and chicken neck in my last -- now I can heal! I may have been able to get insurance to cover my thighs too if I fought and waited another four months to get additional documentation, but didn't even try -- it was more important to me to just get it done and finally heal. I was lucky though -- I recently got a large enough bonus at work to cover these surgeries, and used it for my plastics instead of paying off credit debt like I usually do. Perhaps I'll be sorry later I spent this money, but I figure I'm worth it! Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/156 (would like to get down to 145!) LBL - 1/24/05 Arms/Breasts - 5/4/05 Thighs/Neck - 6/7/05
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 802 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 815 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 841 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 811 views