have gained weight and don't know what to do

ali F.
on 7/2/05 7:34 am - birmingham, al
Right now i need serious help! I have gained about 10-15 lbs feels like 20.I had to have a partial hysterectomy in april of 2005. since then i was bother with serious pain near the incision were i was cut. the gyn (dr) gave me a steroid shot in the incision to help w/ pain which it did, but i have gained that weight..now i don't know if that 1 time steroid shot i had is the reason for me being able to eat more or not.But i see from reading other post they are gaing weight also..The only other thing i would thing to do is go to the health food store and find something to assist w/ my appetite..anybody else have any other suggestions? by the way i never reached my ideal weight but i was happy going from 293 to 190..i have not actually gotten on a scale to see how much weight i have gained but it has to be about 10-15 lbs...my clothes size haven't changed that drastic..some have gotten to tight but fot the most i'm still able to fit my 14s.
carolinamamasita
on 7/2/05 11:15 pm - Erie, PA
Hi there. We meet again... Listen I highly recommend going to WEIGH****CHERS now. OUR STOMACHS are the perfect size for their portion control plan. I am serious! I had went back to Weigh****chers after I plateaued for 1 year...stuck and started to gain...due to depression, my mother had passed away July 2004, and I had my insurance denial for skin removal , because of stupid PS FEMOVICH, anyways...like I said, somebody at work asked me, IF I WAS GAINING MY WEIGHT BACK? and that was it...for me...went back to Weigh****chers, and I lost the weight I had gained, and am now losing beyond that. Give it a try...our stomachs are not as huge as they once were, and you will be satisfied with the amounts of points they give you to work with...the support team is wonderful, motivational meetings every week, and you too will be back on the LOSING TEAM.....Good Luck, CAROL
Cruiserella
on 7/18/05 12:51 am - Arvada, CO
I started to gain, and when the gain reached 3 pounds, I decided to get serious. For me, working out is the key to keeping weight off. In fact, it's the only way. I'm turning into a gym rat, something I thought I'd NEVER be, but it works for me. Besides, the arm muscles somewhat offset the loads of extra skin. Yuck!
TAMI W.
on 7/18/05 3:11 pm - WARRENTON, OR
You just need to think about everything that you're putting into your mouth! Ask yourself do I really want or NEED this? The answer is NO you just feel like you need it! I'll tell you what I started to gain weight back too and I was so MAD at myself cause I went though with the surgey and have NEVER met my goal and wasn't even close to it and then I just started gaining the weight back. I wasn't going to let this happen so I just started something new! I don't GRAZE anymore! That was my problem! I have an inhome daycare and I feed the kids every 2 hours! But I would be munchin' ALL day long on chips, mac&cheese, crackers, not alot just a few at a time but all that sure adds up FAST!!! I don't let myself graze at all and I have lost about 10 lbs in 1 month! Wow I guess I was grazing too much! I haven't been exercising as I should be so I know that if I got off my rear end and started I would probably would loose even more! I'm weighting in at about 187. I'm really happy that I was able to lose the few lbs before I just let my self go right down the road of hating myself again! Don't wait! I too think that the WW would be a great idea!
mprochester
on 10/10/05 6:15 am - new castle, DE
It's all about you! I wish I knew that little secret earlier in my life. I know now that I am a stress eater, so I have found that when that occurs I concentrate on protein---protein---proteing. It very filling..especially to gastric bypass patients and forces the body to burn fat. Weighing myselft weekly and sticking to a proven method....Lots of proteing, and a no white processed carbs have kept me in the 145 - 149 range for the last year.
bankskatcar
on 10/21/05 10:39 am - Lynchburg, VA
Try to stay positive. Steroids cause weight gain. My son has asthma and has been on steriods off and on since he was 2. Needless to say, he is a VERY HEALTHY BOY! I think working out is the key. I started working out a lot, and although I haven't lost any more weight, I am starting to see a difference in inches. Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 845 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 813 views