June 22nd will be Three Years And Doing Great

Pamela Danford
on 5/31/07 3:40 am - AL
Hi Jun Bugs Jun 22nd will be my 3year aniversary and i have lost 150 LB. and feeling Great.Come on out and shout you June bugs let me hear from you.How are you doing? Pamela D.
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/07 8:45 am
Hi Pamela! On June 8th, it will 3 years for me also. Where does the time go??? It seems like just last week, I was at home, recovering from surgery....then at the same time, it seems like my old life was a lifetime ago....Weird... My lowest weight was 148.5. For like 10 minutes! I bounced around in the low 150's for awhile, but looked way too thin. I think I must have lost a lot of muscle, cause I was wearing a size 6 jean. I can't remember EVER wearing a size 6, even in grade school! Everyone told me I looked gaunt and that my face was way too thin. I started working out and gained about 10 to 15 lbs of muscle. I went back up to a size 8 or a 10 and have stayed there. I'm happy as long as I'm in my size 10 jeans and my weight is in the 160's. (although lately I've been around 168 to 169 and it's probably time to drop about 10 lbs! I know I'd feel better if I did.) So I've started to really concentrate on my water and counting those carbs (or lack of!) Thats the deal I made with myself. I will stay in the 160's ( or lower) If I start gaining any weight, I will do what it takes to get back to my size 10's and in my range of the 160's. WLS really is not the magic wand, some people think it is! It will always be a lot of work to stay thin, but it's SO worth it!! Healthwise, I'm doing OK. I get a pain in my lower right groin area sometimes. I often wonder what it is, but it hasn't been bad enough to go get it checked out. My diabetes is gone, my knees are hanging in there, as is my back. The wear and tear of 50 years of being obese, sometimes gets to my knees and back, but so far, I can live with it. I know of others that are far worse off than I. I truly have been so blessed to have been able to get this surgery and get this weight off. It will always be a battle, to stay in control, no emotional eating (or drinking!) and keep up the exersize, but thats the gig I signed up for! And I am so much a better person for it! So much happier, healthier and living life now, instead hiding out away from it! I am truly thankful for all of the second chances I've been given! Lyn
Pamela Danford
on 6/4/07 3:14 pm - AL
Hi Lyn There is a post on this board that says back to basics if you have not read it you need to it will help you.I have realy struggled some times but i always go back to the basics and act like i have just had the surgery yesterday and start to loose again.When people say it is the lazy way to loose weight they are so wrong because we will have to work to keep the weight off the rest of our lives.I still have diadetes but it is under control and i do not have to take insulen anymore iam on one 4mg pill now.You mite have a hernia i would have it checked out just to make sure.When you go back to your surgeon for your 3 year check up you mite tell him about the hurting and see what he will say.
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/07 12:13 am
Good Morning! Yes, I've decided to do just that. In fact, yesterday was my first day and I did quite well. I dropped 3 lbs! I know it's water weight, but hey! I'll take it!! My biggest challenge I think, is the water. I did drink over 100 oz's yesterday and look what happened! Yes, going back to basics is an excellent idea! Thanks for the support and your reply! Have a great day everyone! Lyn 245/168/155
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 417 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 899 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 781 views