Gastric Bypass and 3.5 years later considering Lapband

Molly S.
on 6/4/08 8:29 am - Chicago, IL
Please email me if you had the Gastric bypass and you had a lap band afterwards to lose additional weight. Want to know if this was successful for you. I want to lose another 60 to 80 pounds and I am thinking of having the lap band to do that. I have already lost about 300 pounds. Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance for your replies. Yolanda
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/08 1:23 am
Hi Yolanda, If it were me, I would do a revision to the DS. The lap-band was never an option for me. I didn't like the idea of a foreign object in my body, having a "port" installed just under my skin and then there was all of the trips, back and forth to the doctor for fills....Just wasn't my cup of tea. However, if I would have an a situation like yours, I would opt for a revision to the DS. Why? Because you have more malabsorption, than with a standard RNY, (and hey, we supplement with a lot of vits right now anyway....or we should!) and the success rate, way exceeds that of a lap-band. In all honesty, if I would have had access to a doc that did the Duodenal Switch, I really would have liked that procedure done instead of my RNY. But I did not, my insurance did not cover it. If I were you, I would look into ALL options for a revision, instead of just the lap-band. (no flames here please, banders, just my two cents worth!) Good luck in whatever you may choose!
Molly S.
on 6/9/08 6:00 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks so much!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 415 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 898 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 780 views