Help, I'm gaining it back

Nicole Q.
on 6/24/08 11:08 am - Copperton, UT
It has been 4 years since my bypass and in the last year I have put on 80 pounds. I'm not really eating any differently, if anything better than ever...veggies, fish, exercise, etc. Even though I am not up to my original weight, I am heading that direction quickly. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can you have a second bypass?
alabr001
on 6/29/08 4:54 am - Williamsburg, VA
I have been in the same boat. I wish I had answers for you. I started at 270, got down to 186 by the end of the first year. I never made it to my goal weight & the scale started to creep back up. By my 3rd anniversary I was at 218. I have pretty much maintained that weight for the last year...going down to 206 at one point with concentrated low carb/high protein...then, it bounced right back up to 224. I've started to cut back (again) and renew my efforts at the gym. Now I'm back to 218. I have to tell you; I feel very discouraged. Sometimes I eat almost nothing & my weight goes up. Then, I'll eat well & go to the gym only to see the numbers go up. It seems like the more I try, the more I gain. And, not trying just means I stay here at an undesirable weight. I wish I had the answers.
mary_kay
on 6/29/08 1:53 pm - lee's summit, MO
Nicole, That is kinda funny about the 2nd bypass, even though i know you are serious. O.K. I started at 305, got down to 205 and on the scale last week i was 250. Not happy. Went to my support group. Felt encouraged. And realized the things that I am NOT doing. I am not getting my water in! I am not getting my exercise! I can eat well all day long but if I am not doing those two things, I am never taking it off. My goals for the next month are to get back to the 64oz of water and the walking every day. Have you thought about those 2 things. I KNOW that is what my problem is. Let me know if you come up with any other tips. I could use them sister!!! Mary Kay Green
Newsexyme
on 10/20/08 2:46 am - Memphis, Tn
I am experiencing the same thing. I was gaining the weigh back also. I have been stable for the last 6 months. I started out at 320 and was down to 220 and now I am back up to 260. I have gained 40lbs. I am so disappointed in myself. I know it is what I eat. I know that I dont drink enough water. I know that I should not eat sweets. I don't get in enough exercise either. I have joined the gym today and I am going to at least lose the 40lbs back even if I dont make it to my goal. I am going back to proteins only for a while to see if I can lose the weigh.

Has anyone else gained back a lot of weight?
suemeister2773
on 11/1/08 12:26 pm - holly springs, NC
I am in the same boat.  I  started at 305, got down to 170. now last I knew it was back over 200.  Why do I do this to myself. I swore I would never do it, and it is happening.  Go to go to a gym and drink. But cnt seem to do it.  cant stand the stomach buldge coming back.  Ugh  Maybe tomorow.  jamie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 417 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 902 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 781 views