RNY not good for me.

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/09 5:33 am
I've had a terrible time. Back where I started, but with more problems.
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/09 1:57 am
On July 15, 2009 at 12:33 PM Pacific Time, eloisie wrote:
I've had a terrible time. Back where I started, but with more problems.
Hi Eloisie,
 I just wanted to give you a hug ((((((((Eloisie)))))))) and tell you, try and hang in there. I know it's hard, I'm fighting a regain myself. I am 25 lbs from my lowest and trust me, I'm not happy. But......I'm NOT gonna give up!!
 You don't say how much you've lost or what your specific problems are, but I would start by going back to your WLS doc and get a scope done. I had it done after my regain, just to make sure my pouch was not: stretched, stoma too big, everything is intact and in working order...etc... It made me feel more confident that nothing was wrong mechanically with my pouch and new Lexus interior. So if I were you, I'd start there, cause there just might be a problem with your pouch.
 After doing that, if everything is in working order, just get back on track. Cause your tool is still there! Really, it is! It IS possible to lose the weight twice! Just make sure you get a endo- gastro guy to do a scope down there and take it from there.
 If you ever need any encouragement, I'm a email away! Hang in there, girl and just go for it! You can do it!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/09 2:55 am
No, there's no way I can do it from here. My stoma is bigger than 4 cm, which is bigger than any US coin. My insurance doesn't want to pay to fix me.
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/09 11:48 pm
Good Morning Elosie,
 Sorry about taking so long to get back to you, I am usually only on here in the mornings. I thought of one more thing you can try, to get you some help.
 People fight their insurance companies all the time for revisions. There are people on the revision forum that are "in the know" about these things. Please, please post this again on the revision forum and ask them how to go about fighting your insurance for a second surgery. If your stoma is so big (that's huge, you poor thing) how could possible maintain the weight? You're never gonna feel full. All of this is NOT your fault. It's a mechanical failure and the doctor that did it, must fix it! Please fight them some more....You sound so depressed, gosh I would be too! Please post this again, cause there is people out there that can help you. For instance, a member here, Diana Cox fought legally to make her insurance company pay for a DS, (duodenal switch) surgery, when they turned her down the first time. She appealed it and won. The insurance company was forced to cover her surgery 100%. So there is help. Just post something detailed about what questions you want answered and I'm sure someone, on the revision forum or the main board even, will steer you in the right direction for help! 
 Here is the link to the revision forum. I would start there.  I wish you the best of luck and hang in there! I'm right here to cheer you on!!!!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/a,messageboard/board_id,5360/

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 12:33 pm
B.J.
on 8/7/09 10:15 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Gosh, I should check the June 04 boards more often . . . I totally agree with Lyn's advice on this one -- fight your insurance through the appeal(s) process. With a stoma documented that large, there is absolutely no way your RNY could not be considered a mechanical failure at this point.

-BJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 414 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 897 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 778 views