Can the stomach shrink again

nprice1008
on 1/31/09 4:32 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
I am 3+ years post op - I was doing really well in maintaining a 140ish weight from 250 in 2005. 

I have a lot of friends and now have read of a lot of others who have had the problem of weight gain around this time post op and well I am worried that I am on the way to that road. 

If you for some reason are able to stretch out your stomach - is it possible for it to shrink again - or is it just stretched permanently.

Looking forward to input and help in avoiding the stretching it out to begin with.

MONICA W.
on 2/27/09 9:40 am - Long Beach, CA
It is my understanding that you cannot stretch your pouch.  However you can stretch your stoma (opening to the intestine).  That will cause your pouch to empty quicker and therefore you are hungry sooner and eat more.  If you strech your stoma it will not shrink back.  Most people gain weight because they stop treating the rules as a lifestyle.

Hope that helped

Monica

nprice1008
on 2/27/09 12:24 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
fortunately - i am doing really well - i went to see a local gastric bypass surgeon for a three year check up - he was going to get my records from california - but said that all stats were excellent and from what i shared everything sounded very normal and very well under control -

he said most of my fears are mental, because i still see the same shape as before - granted smaller but the same shape
dslim37
on 3/17/10 1:56 pm - san antonio, TX

The stregth stoma can be fixed ?  If so, will wt lost be the same as in the beginning?

Dee

Most Active
Recent Topics