Accountability - for Monday 5/11

ALESIA1966
on 5/11/09 11:27 pm - New Bern, NC
 Great day Everyone !!

Hope everyone is having good spring weather...It is awesome here today in coastal NC...

About 3 weeks to my annual surgiversary check up, its proving to be a good motivator for me...Been saying I'm going to clean my act anyway, so goal until June is to keep the cals around 1000 a day and be diligent about getting exercise at the gym a minimum fo 3 days a week ( used to be all on that, but have been slacking )

Pre B - protein coffee

B - oh yeah protein bar with 1 tbsp of pb on top

S - homemade coffeehouse style coffee

L - ham & muenster quiche and 5 dark choc covered espresso beans

D - protein delight choc and coconut protein drink

145 oz water/ hot tea/ crystal lite                 Cals :  1023     Fat :  47     NetCarbs :  27     Prot :  96

Later, , Alesia  5'5"  136lbs
Shelley S.
on 5/12/09 2:51 am - Granite City, IL

You are doing great!  I am working hard.  I just started back yesterday but doing good so far. 

I went for my 4 year a little early and have been dealing with the surgeon because I was told that I had some issues when I had an internal hernia.  Either it repaired itself or was told wrong...Not really sure but at this point I have to get back to eating right and be accountable for ME. 

I joined back to the gym yesterday.  2 years ago for Christmas my hubby bought me a treadmill.  I kept saying only if I had a treadmill at home... well I got it and it's only been used a handful of times.  So I figured I am better off at the gym where I have weights and choices and more motiviation.

So for yesterday, this is how I did:

B - Muscle Milk, strawberry and cream
S - an apple
L - ended up being 1/2 chicken panini because I didn't like the bourbon steak tips
S - banana and sf jello
D - 1/2 subway sandwich (yeah, I know not the best choice but better than eating all of it.
S - my protein shake which consists of:  8 oz. 1% milk, 1 scoop of 100% whey vanilla protein, 1 banana and some ice.  Yummy!  much better than my Muscle milk!!!

I still didn't get enough water in but working on it.  I got about 120 oz.

I am going through major caffiene withdrawls and had to go to bed early because I had a horrible headache.

I did walk the dog a little but can't pu**** too much until my hip is completely healed.  So for now I am more concentrating on food.  I will get that under control and then back to the gym I go!!!

Have a wonderful day and I promise to be accountable for ME!!!!

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

ALESIA1966
on 5/12/09 4:23 am, edited 5/12/09 4:37 am - New Bern, NC

Hey Shelly

Congrats on getting back to the gym, water total is great, 120 oz is almost 2 gals which is twice the recommended daily amount...

I toyed alot with the idea of home equipment including a Wii Fit, in the end I know this about myself - If I don't have to leave the house to do it, it ain't happenin' , which is why I still maintain my gym membership and try to be good at going 3 days a week...

Other than the hernia was your check-up good?  Doctor satisfied with you progress/maintenance? Labs?

Are you giving up caffeine by choice?  I limit mine to a couple cups of 1/2 caf coffee a day, an occasional triple latte and  choc covered espresso beans, gave up soda period when I made the decision to have RNY but the e-beans work really well when I need that little caffeine rush but don't want to go overboard...As for the Subway, I don't see it as a major bad choice, carbs could be higher, if you like to the bread and are not swearing off white carbs you could take off the top and use the bottom to hold up all the meat and toppings or just ask them to put all the middle stuff on a plate and "hold the bread" completely...

Protein drink sounds YUMMO, I dress my us too with carb countdown milk and sf syrups for a   up of flavors, also tried mixing in crystal lite packets for some different tastes, lots of ideas out there for new protein drinks and since I usually have at least one a day, I'm always looking out for new ideas...

Keep it coming...Do you track your daily totals in writing anywhere? This might help you see where you want to go...

See ya later...Alesia 5'5"  136lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics