looking for June 2005 members

sandyhut
on 6/6/09 4:29 am - Muskegon, MI
hello all june 2005 members...I would like to know how everyone is still doing. It is hard to believe that it has almost been 5 years for us all...Hope everyone is doing well..I am still 80 pounds down from the 90 I lost..[please reply]  Sandy
ALESIA1966
on 6/6/09 11:55 pm - New Bern, NC
Hi Sandy,

Isn's awesome to be able to say you are keeping the weight off...This is the longest I have maintained a consistant weight loss ever, that I an remember...Had a little 10 lb rebound about a 1 1/2 yrs ago and have been here ever since...Still do the gym 3 days a  week and try to follow the rules on protein 1st and still no drinking with meals...Its been really good so far, with few complications...

Congratulations on 4yrs...Alesia  5'5"  135lbs
Sandra T. RN
on 8/30/09 5:37 am - TX
I'm still very happy with my results.  I do graze more than I should, but.....what can I say.  Had a little rebound but since I had the tummy tuck at least those pounds went to the butt and boobs, the butt really needed the help.

Hopefully there is continued success for all of us.

Sandra  High 250, low 160, current 190 down from 208 January 2014

GirlNextDoor_
on 10/8/09 11:23 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
Hey Sandy
   I am June 2005.  I am having major problems keeping my weight off.  I have gained 40 pounds and just do not know where it came from.  Seems I am really hungry much of the time.  I am also having hot flashes that are driving me crazy.  Would love to get back on track.  Just can seem to make it happen.  Help!!

Beverly

Heather Powell
on 10/21/09 12:22 am - Springfield, OH
I don't have the hot flashes, but I am right there with you! I have gained, my own fault. No excerise, not eating right, and went to a desk job. Oh! and I for my health quit smoking  but that helped put on 20 of those pounds.

Going back to the basics. I will NEVER see 300+ pounds again!

Heather
LW
on 4/18/10 9:19 am - (city), GA
Hi, I have gained about 20 pounds just this past year. As I am getting older, it is definitely harder. I am working hard now to exercise and make the choices that I know I should be making when I do eat. I have been grazing a lot and eating some fried foods as well. I know better. I am praying that I can get back on track. We all worked too hard to gain all the weight back. I originally lost around 131 pounds. I am discouraged that I have put any of the pounds back on. I think when I stopped feeding my body properly was when I began to not feel satisfied. I agree with going back to the basics!! There is a line of great DVDs called, "Walking Away the Pounds" with Leslie Sandstone. You can do a one, two, or three mile walk in the privacy of your own home! These cost around 10 dollars at Walmart. There is one DVD of hers that specifically targets the tummy area. I have not been able to get any plastic surgery, but someday, I would like to do so!  I praise God for the weight I lost.  I had a wonderful surgeon.  Also, I am making smoothies in my blender for a low cal snack. They are awesome. A small amount of frozen fruit, a small amount of water--then blend, one small cup of Activia Light (blueberry, strawberry, or Key Lime 60 calories), ssmall amount of splenda, small amount of skim milk. Blend this all together, and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes and then enjoy!!  I tend to feel my best when I eat protein, veggie, and 100 percent whole wheat toast. Good Luck Everyone!!    Hang in there--Pray and Don't give up!
claudia G.
on 5/20/10 11:13 am - riverside, CA

Hi, I have gained about 18 pounds just in the past 2 years. it is definitely harder to keep the weight down. I have joined the gym & started walk/swimming in the pool with water weights and making the choices to stay away from sweets. I went from 325lbs to 214lbs and now weighing 232lbs. I have been using purevia sweetener or stevia  instead splenda when drinking tea.
Claudia

Laural D.
on 6/5/10 2:19 pm - Cuero, TX
I agree it is hard to believe it has been almost 5 years (June 28th). Congrats to those who have kept off the weight, unfortunately I am one of the ones who have put some of my weight back on, 30 lbs. I am back on track after talking to my dietitian this past week. I realize it will take me longer to get the pounds off this time but I am determined to do it. I want so much to get back into those clothes that are hanging in my closet and I will keep it off this time. Glad to hear from others who had surgery the same time as me. Good luck to all.

kemalani
on 6/6/10 11:55 am - Waianae, HI

Aloha,

Today  June 6th is my 5 year Weight Loss Anniversary.  I have lost 275 pounds and have kept it off.   It has been an amazing journey.  I have had my arms, pannectilectomy, adominal plasty and belt lipectomy done.  I have been in a book, and I have an article in the Obesity Help magaizine.

May God richly bless all of you on your journey above and beyond what you could every dream or imagine.

Love and hugs to you all,

Kemalani

~Kemalani~

Always remember to take tiny baby steps and you will reach your goal.

411/194/??

Lucy M.
on 6/7/10 7:25 am - Conway, SC
Hi Sandy.

I've been struggling since my 2nd year. I am going to have a revision to a DS on August 25th in San Francisco.

I've regained a lot - about 120 pounds. My RNY surgeon tried and put a realize band on my stoma 2 years ago. Instead of losing weight with it, I gained weight. I had problems with tolerating the band. Protein foods were difficult to eat but everything else went down fine. I was grazing, hence the regain. Plus not exercising.

I've been back on track and lost 42 pounds. Working out at a fitness center with a trainer plus doing the elliptical. I was so ashamed of myself and failure. It took a lot of time for me to get the nerve to go back and face my situation.

So here I am at my 5th year anniversary, tomorrow the 8th. Remembering the wild times of losing weight and shrinking.

I am happy for those who were able to  maintain their weight.

Now I have hope that I will be able to maintain with my new lifestyle and the DS. That is one lesson I didn't learn with the RNY.

Happy Anniversary to my fellow Junebugs!

Hugs,
Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

Most Active
Recent Topics