Having a revision

Shelley S.
on 9/6/11 6:32 am - Granite City, IL
Well since everyone is doing so great and noone posts here anymore, I thought I would come and share some good/bad news.  I am having a revision.  After surgery I never met my goal weight and after about 2 years started slowly gaining some back after 4 years I had a huge weight gain and just found out I have a huge hiatal hernia.  I am going to have a revision and have it all repaired at  the same time.  I have gained every ounce back that I had lost and after 6 years have decided it's time to do this.  I am not the happy person I was when I had lost the weight and I have experienced so much in the way of prejudice and I am just ready to be who I was 4- 5 years ago.  So my date is October 18 and it just can't come soon enough. 

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

Leesa219
on 10/2/11 1:00 am - Ramsay, MI
Good luck to you on your journey...Funny the things you learn after..what I learned is that yes in the first year- 18months you lose,  I followed the diet at first and thought Im losing even when I "cheat" so gradually the weight loss slows down,  next thing you know 20-30 pounds you thought were lost seemed to have found their way home (on me).. this spring I did the 5 day pouch test and lost all the weight that found me and a litle  more, unlike you I never reached my goal weight but continue to work on it every day..  I totally get the predjudice thing too...sorry I rambled on..  Remember dont let other people get  you down..sometimes easier said than done..I usually check here about once a month..I will watch for posts see how you are doing
Shelley S.
on 10/2/11 11:51 pm - Granite City, IL
Thanks for the reply.  I have had to change my surgery date once again.  Now I am scheduled for October 25 at 12:00 pm.  I have stopped drinking soda and really fighting a lot of water retention.  I am now on to combatting those damn sugars before surgery.  I figure I better stop the bad habits now since I know what I am in for later.  I will post again soon.  Have a great week.

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

honeejr
on 12/14/11 12:04 am
 Shelly I know this is late.  I do hope everything went well with you surgery.  God bless and please keep updating!   Hugs. 
Lucy M.
on 3/5/13 9:10 pm - Conway, SC

Hi Shelley. How are you doing? I hope your revision went well.

I haven't been here at all in so long and wanted to check in with my Junebug friends.

Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

Most Active
Recent Topics