lindaglong64
on 4/17/08 4:36 pm
This is the first time I am going on this web site. Not too sure what I am doing !!!! I hear everyone at the meetings talking about it and decided to try it. I enjoy going and talking at the monthly meetings. So I thought I might like to try this as I could use a little more encourgagement more than once a month. I am going thru a hard time right now. Seems I am thinking about food all the time and am sliping into some old habits again. I hope this is just a phase and it will pass. But I am concerned !!! I am trying very hard to fight these feelings. Does anyone out there have this problem?? I am 1 Year and 9 months out. I have lost 180 lbs and need to lose 40 more. I know the window I hear about will be closeing sooner later and I want to get to my goal before it does. My OH group is great.
oneblkdove
on 4/21/08 2:53 pm - Southern, CA
WELCOME..!!!
Jennifer K.
on 4/24/08 2:38 am - Phoenix , AZ
Welcome to the group. I suggest picking up the "Beck Diet Solution".. it deals with the mental side of 'dieting' and eating issues and what not... I just started to read but it was reccomended by a psychologist who handles EDs/overeating that spoke at my support group - I know a few other OHers have reccomended it as well. Its important to work on the mental side since the physical side has been 'fixed'. I do think about food a lot but in a different way... I had a metabolism test done and am trying to figure out how to eat 1800 calories a day! I was eating around 1100 so its a lot of food... I am currently working on getting to 1400... I have to keep thinking about food because I have to keep eating it so much!!! lol. I do find I occasionally have the 'head hunger' issues but really think about things before I eat them and try and decide if its even worth eating. Just try and get refocsed... go back to foodlogging and think about why you had this surgery and where you came from... dont let old habits 'ruin' all your success!
lindaglong64
on 4/24/08 11:09 am
Hi Jennifer K Thanks for responding. I am still holding those few added pounds. But am trying to focus and get back to eating my whey. I do like it but don't spend time to eat it in my foods. But I am trying this week. I will try to read this book soon see if it has any help I can use. Got to run right now but do let me hear from you again. Linda...................
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 614 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 700 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 785 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 648 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 705 views