Help........ late night snack attacks

nursegirl04
on 10/7/08 2:09 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, MI
I seem to be falling back into a couple of my old ways and i'm not sure what to do.  I seem to be eating again late at night, like when i'm watching my shows at night i always seem to need to eat or munch on something.  I don't know how to ignor it especially my old carb cravings are coming back like eating breads and crackers is there something that can help from all that coming back? Please i need all the help i can get and yes i am a year and four monthes out and im not sure if its just in my head or what, but could really use some help with this.
Krista

cleo66
on 10/8/08 10:00 pm - VA
I'm doing the same thing. My downfall is snacking while reading, but find that if I continue to get in 60g of protein each day, keep up my exercise, and include the snacking in my calories for the day, I'm fine (weight-wise). I also try to crunch on things like dill pickles, no sugar added sweet gherkin pickles, and raw veggies (radishes really take the edge off - how many can you eat after all?).

So, you might want to go back to keeping your food journal and perhaps save all your snack calories for the evening.
nursegirl04
on 10/9/08 4:45 am - Sault Ste. Marie, MI
thanks cleo
i like veggies and things its maybe going back to my food journal would be a good idea.  It always seems to be at night when i snack the most.  i'm not for sure why but oh well.  anyways sweet pickles aren't my thing but maybe i'll try the other stuff.

krista

giver44
on 10/9/08 2:03 am - Post Falls, ID
I know what you mean..but I am one who does not work.. and so my bad time is dureing the day.. especially the 2-5 o'clock hours.
  I don't do celery or carrots well.. because of my dentures.. but i get the Carmel rice cakes at the $ store.  and TRY to snack on those.  But remember I am the one who ate an ENTIRE bag of Milkyways.
  Good luck to you.  It is SO DARN HARD.. to be STRONG!  Alice
Barbara C.
on 10/12/08 9:03 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi Krista,

I have found that having a decaf coffee with a SF syrup has helpmed me. The warmth seems to fill an sooth me without having the calories and caffiene. I agree with Cleo about journal my food intake.  I find that even thought I don't show it to anyone else, when I journal I tend to make better decisions... I think twice about it.

I have been using a program by Dr. Judith Beck called the Beck Diet Solution. It's not a diet, but a program to help me learn to 'think thin.' At any rate, there are several tools in there that I use when I have the munchies calling my name:

-  I have a list of why I lost the weight and want to keep it off. I have it posted everywhere, on my mirror in my bathroom, on my refrigerator, in my wallet, on my dashboard, anywhere I might see it before I decide to put something in my mouth... and I read it over and really think if 'eating this or that' is really going to get/keep me where I want to be.

-  I plan what I'm going to have and found that there are certain times when I reliably snack, so I've planned snacks into those times. Maybe, a planned late snack is in order.

I hope that you find some tools to help you manage behaviors so that you are able to sustain the wonderful losses and gains you've achieved during the past year and half.

All the best,

Barb

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Soo Where are you these days?
zlynnc · 2 replies · 825 views
any long term post-op issues?
Debbi S. · 0 replies · 1144 views