Stopping by

Jen R.
on 10/29/08 2:06 am - VA
Just taking a few minutes to say hello to my OH family. I am so sorry I have not been here in such a long time.
I work 3 hours in the AM 6-9. Then I am home doing housework, errands and work. At 2:30 PM I am back off to work till 6:15 PM. I am loving my job and have even been promote to Activity Center Leader! For the most part, the kids I am with every day are great kids. We do have a couple of girls who have special needs. They kick, bite, and hit, then I must call the parents and the child is suspended for the following day.

My house is finally done with all the construction. Two months of having crews in and out is a long time. We are pleased with the work though.

My weight has remained stable within a 5 lb window but I dropped another size! I went shopping last weekend and got size 8 pants!!! WHOHOOOO! The last time I was an 8 was my freshman year of highschool and I only got there by eating nothing but popcorn, tuna, and drinking TAB.

I had a little scare with my health. I was FOS and impacted. I 'go' every day but started having pebbles so to speak. I called my surgeon who gave me some remedies and after a second day of trying, it worked. I seriously felt like I had and alien trying to escape.
Why the sudden problem? I attribute it to having one less glass of water during the day for 4 days. (I forgot to take my water bottle to work with me)

I hope to catch up on your posts. Thanks for being here...its great to be HOME.

Jen

Jen      

Pam Eilf
on 10/30/08 12:08 am - Pinconning, MI

Jen,

Please be careful with the FOS problem.  Being gastic altered people we have a higher tendancy with the.  Activia has helped greatly with this for me.  Coffee is a major help with me also.  As long as I have one cup morning it also helps me "keep going" on a daily basis. 

The pain related to it was what got me.  It was actually worse than my RNY or having my gall bladder removed. 

Pam

We write our own destiny.  We become what we do.

Jen R.
on 10/30/08 12:33 am - VA

Thanks for the advice Pam. I think I'll add the Activia yogurt. Coffee only works a little for me.

The pain..OMG I was absolutely crying my eyes out with the pain.At one point I was worried I was going to pass out.  I couldn't even sit. My doc had me try a sitz bath which did NOTHING. I felt like I needed an episiotomy.

Jen

Jen      

Pam Eilf
on 10/30/08 5:15 am - Pinconning, MI

Oh yes, the pain, which they won't give you pain meds for because it makes the problem worse.

We write our own destiny.  We become what we do.

**CrYsTaL** B.
on 11/3/08 9:10 am - watertown, NY
hey miss lady!!! I am so glad that your house is done and you are doing great with your new job and all..........I am sorry to hear that you were literally "FOS"

i miss you and can't wait to see you again!!!

Love to you,
Crystal
Barbara C.
on 11/5/08 8:29 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi Jen,

I used to have issues with that, but luckily I haven't in a long time. My Dr. prescribed OTC Miralax and it works wonders gently.

Good luck,

Barb

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Soo Where are you these days?
zlynnc · 2 replies · 829 views
any long term post-op issues?
Debbi S. · 0 replies · 1149 views