weight gain

Elisa Coffman
on 7/27/09 12:48 pm - Salem, MO
I have not posted on here in a very long time. I am going through a bad time and don't know what to do. I have put on 13 lbs. I have been so stressed since the begining of the year and I have went through a lot of emotional situations that I have been falling back into my old eating habits. There has been a lot of sickness, seperations, joblessness, and so on with my grown children. I have one daughter who is married to an abuser. We have helped the fathers on getting children out of the home. Unfortunately only one was removed. She supports him 100%. Anyway, you can see that I have had alot of stuff going on.
So what do I do? I turn to eating. It seems like the one thing I can control, yet I am really not in control. What makes it worse is, my husband is a gaurd dog and anything that would go to my lips that he doesn't think should go there, he makes some snide comment. Never does he help me in a more positive way.
Since I had my stroke in 06 he has been very in charge and I feel like I have no control over anything. So when he says things about my eating, it makes me want to eat that much more.
I have been trying to ride my bike everyday on a bike trail in our town. I am pretty faithful to this.
I just don't know how to get started again. I feel like my mind has went blank on what I am suppose to be eating. 
 I am so embarrassed about going back to the doctor because I am such a failure. I don't know what to do. 
Could someone give me some insight on this?  Is there anyone out there that has had this happen to them, and then  gotten back on track? Am I the only one who has started gaining weight? 
I need your help please! 
Jen R.
on 7/27/09 11:29 pm - VA
Hi Sweetie,

I amso glad you reached out to us!
Sorry to hear of all the turmoil surrounding you. Remember when you decided on having this weight loss surgery? That was the defining moment you made to take back your life. This is where you need to go to again, starting today.

If you are eating the wrong things get it out of the house. If you are grazing, portion out what amounts you should be eating. Make a menu, eat by the clock..
How are you doing with protein?
Remember Protein + Water + Exercise + vitamins/minerals = weight loss

Congrats on keeping up on the bike riding.

Feel free to PM me!

Jen      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Soo Where are you these days?
zlynnc · 2 replies · 829 views
any long term post-op issues?
Debbi S. · 0 replies · 1149 views
FOUR YEARS coming up!
Brian D. · 3 replies · 1283 views
Calories?
T. Howell · 1 replies · 830 views