FOUR YEARS coming up!

Brian D.
on 3/26/11 9:14 am - MN
Good afternoon, evening, morning, whenever you read this... ;)  Brian here, and almost four years out. 

I have a question for all of you.  After three years, it seems I have found my cross addiction.  The docs warned me about it... bzzzt.  The psychologist?  bzzzzt.   The counselors?  bzzzzzzzt.  The support groups?  BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.   They all said, find something healthy to fill the hole, but aparently, I found alcohol... yeah.  After a stint in detox, I am in treatment now, learning how not to hide from the things that I self medicatred for.  And it is tough.  It's easier than I thought, but having to step up to the plate and say "I can't think it through, can't logic it, and I knew what was out there.  I just was ... well, arrogant"  Now I am trying to make my way through it...

How bout y'all??? 

Happy thoughts and big well wishes
Brian
(-242 pounds by the way... ;))
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 3:17 am - Barryton, MI
Brian I'm saying a prayer for you to rid your addicition !! I have to say I found ice cream and trying to change to a health kick is hard !!
Praying for us both friend
Jenn G.
on 6/15/11 1:50 am - Downingtown, PA
Hey Brian! 
Unfortunately, I did the same thing.  I think the addiction was well on its way before surgery, and while I quit for six weeks after surgery, I started right up again.  I'm happy to say that after my own stint in detox, two intensive outpatient rehabs, I found Antabuse, and even though I only took it a few days, I've been alcohol-free for 40 days. 
I did find it kind of ironic to read this post, though, because I was just kind of laughing to myself thinking what will my next addiction be?  I hate smoke, can't afford to shop.......:)

Good luck to you.  Hope we've kicked these horrible addictions once and for all!

Jenn

Judi J.
on 7/6/11 6:16 am - MN
Brian & Jenn, big hugs to both of you. I know you can beat this. I know someone in real life who had RNY and felt she was drinking too much. She will attend up to 4 meetings a week if she needs to and she says it helps her a lot. Positive thoughts to you~

I ate like crap and gained some weight but it is coming off again. Still able to do more than I thought possible and happy belated anniversary to everyone!!

Judi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Soo Where are you these days?
zlynnc · 2 replies · 829 views
any long term post-op issues?
Debbi S. · 0 replies · 1150 views
FOUR YEARS coming up!
Brian D. · 3 replies · 1284 views
Calories?
T. Howell · 1 replies · 831 views