Stalling...already????

Angela K.
on 7/14/08 11:57 pm - Mary Esther, FL
I am about 3 weeks out and am stalling already. I have been sitting at the same weight since Friday. I am doing everything to a T that my doctor has said to do. I have read that some people stall out around weeks 2-4 because your body is in starvation mode and trying to hold onto everything that it can. Is this true? It is getting really frustrating as I am still on a full liquid diet. I haven't even started soft foods yet, that isn't until next week. Any advise or experience in this department would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
tiffanie_18
on 7/15/08 1:55 am
first of all it is only teusday.....lol, i am three weeks out also, but i have started on soft foods.....i sat on the same weight for like 4 days to but it will come off, just keep at it. i have lost like 22 lbs today. how about you. i talked to my mom about it, (she had surgery a year and a few months ago) and she said that sometimes your body tries to resist the surgery and it is harder for it to come off, kinda like you said, it goes into starvation mode. ull do good.. tiffanie
Nicole W.
on 7/15/08 4:05 am - MD
I am 5 weeks out. I have stalled at 2 weeks and then at 4 weeks. It sucks and its tough but you will get through it. I was crushed both times when I stalled. Just keep up with your protein and water andy you will pull through.
zlynnc
on 7/15/08 12:25 pm - BEAUFORT, NC
The dreaded 3 week stall isn't a third as bad as the 3 month stall or nearly half as bad as the 6 month stall and the year stall well can go for a month easy. Thing is while your weight isn't moving the inches are so you are still losing. Trust me the scale even after weightloss surgery is not your friend and will ruin a good morning the moment you step on it. There is no way not to lose so early out since you can't eat much anywho. They call it starvation mode but whatever it is if you get in the habit of weighing everyday the moment it happens or heaven forbid you go up a pound which starts happening when your periods kick in, it sucks and works you mentally. Start a new habit along with your eating habits.....stay away from the scale. If you have to do it only do it once a week, same day. Everyone if you go back to last years June board you will see have averaged out to just about the same weight loss a year later. Some lost it quick and others slow which can also depress you. Again don't get into the daily weigh in game. I didn't notice if your board does a weekly weigh in. This is something alot of the monthly boards do but for some people who don't lose as fast as other it depresses them. Don't stress it, keep following the rules cause everyone is different. I promise you a year from now stalls won't be an issue as much as... Have I stopped losing for good and the dreaded saggy, saggy skin issues. It would of been so nice if they could find the worry nerve and cut it the same time they did our surgery LOL! Start looking ahead...New Years is 5 months out and you will be able to wear something Beauftiful and sexy! Remember though even if you are stalling it is no big deal because the inches are coming off. Start measuring. And alot of people go to www.fitday.com and start a food journal that will break down how much your eating in carbs, protein,fats and such. It helps you alot. Good Luck!
Christie N.
on 7/21/08 6:30 am - Riverton, UT
I went through the same stall, but at 2 weeks out. It lasted for two weeks and then I got on the scale one morning and FIVE pounds were gone! Now I've been on another two week stall again (since four weeks out) and only lost 3 lbs this time. So I'm thinking my body is just adjusting each time. But I think of it this way, when have I ever lost 42 lbs in 6 weeks? lol It will get better and like someone else said, the scale isn't moving down, but you're still losing inches. I can totally tell I'm losing inches while on this plateau. You will lose weight though, you had weight loss surgery! I think to myself, I will be at goal this time next year. You didn't gain the weight overnight and you can't lose it all in a month or two. Your body slows down with weight loss after the initial 2 weeks and rapid weight loss. Totally normal. GL! Christie
jazae
on 3/22/09 4:34 am - Aurora, CO
 I am starting my 4th week have have been STALLING for almost 3 weeks!  I go up and down 2 lbs.   It is soooooo frustrating.  I didn't go through all this to lose 29 lbs.  argh!  Only my close family can even see a difference.  Does it get better?  Does more cardio help?  I am following all the drs orders for food intake.  It not like a can cheat and go to a fast food joint. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 784 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 778 views