Had surgery jun 30, 2008

lori042499
on 7/22/08 5:34 am - Revere, MA
New to posting here. I had surgery june 30th and am down 28lbs...I feel great and am getting in all my protein and fluids... My husband had surgery on dec 3, 2007 and is down 130lbs...we both had over 200lbs to lose... I had lost 50lbs before surgery over 2 years and then 30 lbs just prior to surgery. I am 108 lbs smaller than 2 years ago...I feel great but still cannot see the weight I've lost...I still have 168 lbs that I would like to lose... I am wondering if any of you are freaked out by the disconnection of your brain and stomach...I am finding that my brain is still that of a fully eating fat person and my stomach for the first time in life is normal...
Barb S.
on 9/2/08 12:54 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi
I would say that everyone of us are and will always be disconnected from our brains and stomachs. It is totally normal. I had my sufrgery on June 17 and have lost 65 pounds. I don't see it but my friends and family do and my body sure feels it.

This is definately the hardest part of our journey.

Keep up the good work and if you need to work on the head space. Apparently it helps.
Barb
Lindajdg
on 9/25/08 11:57 am - Burbank, CA

I agree your brain says one thing and when you go to put food on a plate you go sometimes with your brain and not your new stomach, that why I use a one of the small plates I bought for my grandson he's 2 years. I also still measure a lot of things so I don't go over board. Best of luck on the rest of your journey.

Linda

bossman26
on 11/24/08 11:28 am - houston, TX
HI ,ifeel the same way you feel like i havent losed the weight i thought i would lose,but i just stay focus on each day at a time.My wife and i had wls on the same day you had yours and i lost 102 pounds so far but i do feel better about myself and i can walk and run now .

Post Op 430/ Current 280/ Goal 230
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 783 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 778 views