well im back but very frustated?????

twinsdaddy
on 8/3/08 3:02 am - winthrop, MA
hi everyone for those who dont remmber me im 52 with 4 yr old twins my bypass was 6/10 i was 319 now i was 276 as of yesterday i take apox 75-90 grams of protien a day so im loosing fat but not muscle the problem is im still on 95% luquid except for oatmeal cookies and mashed potatoes everything makes me puke whats up with that ? how can i feel so good and everyone that sees me says i look great but im so frustated id pay a hundred bucks for an italian sub with everything on it frank
Brooke O.
on 8/3/08 3:27 am - Petersburg, VA
I TOTALLY understand and I would pay $1,000 for that sandwhich. I am puking like crazy. Dr. has me on 3 stomache medicines that arent doing anything. I was up all night throwing up. I hope I did not make the wrong decision!
twinsdaddy
on 8/3/08 3:58 am - winthrop, MA
dont get me wrong, im still not regreting anything i feel better and love looking better and i think i like the attention ive been getting but i only puke if i try to eat ,so i dont i keep having my shake with my powder protien and to tell you the truth im never hungry anyway i just miss eating ( it was my thing to do ) also i thought loosing wieght would bring a little sex into my life but i think my wife feels fat alone now and still nothing o well im not sure what to do anymore frank
Brooke O.
on 8/3/08 4:26 am - Petersburg, VA
Get the wife something pretty. It will make it better. Plan a nice romantic night. I have been so sick, but hubby did this and got me moving again. lol. I know she didnt have surgery but let her know shes still hot!
Barb S.
on 9/2/08 12:51 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi
As far as the wife and the bedroom...I will stay out of that one but as far as the inability to eat may I suggest you take a step back and slow down. The words of advise I have had from those before me is that if a food doesn't work for you then don't eat it again for a couple of weeks. Go back to the basic soft foods diet. I am surprised you are having mashed potatoes. I don't eat any potatoes or bread or pasta. It is safest not to. You might want to try cottage cheese as a staple and try adding things to it for variety. You would be amazed at the different flavours you can add that will truly change the flavour.  I had surgery on June 17. My pouch was not happy today (who knows why) so I had cottage cheese with some spagetti sauce for dinner. It was actually quite yummy.  In the morning I will sometimes have cottage cheese with fruit flavoured yogurt on it.  If you don't like cottage cheese try buying some extra soft mozzarella cheese and add sauces to it. Again...change the sauce and it changes the meal. You need to eat and both mozza and cottage cheese are good sources of protien.  You should always eat protien first. I still can't beleive you are eating mashed potatoes.

Good luck and hang in there. 
it will come with time.
Barb
[email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 783 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 778 views