disappointed

sabsab
on 8/3/08 12:28 pm - Topeka, KS
I got my lap-band on June 25 this year. I lost about 15 initially with the liquid diet. I gained back a few. I just received my first fill and still not good results. I don't think this is going to work for me. I am hungry and just don't seem to have much luck. Most days I get 1200 calories or less by pure will power. Today I probably doubled that. My doctor said this would not work for everyone, but I sure wish I was having better luck. Anyone have the same experience and helpful hints?
lori042499
on 8/4/08 2:41 am - Revere, MA
The biggest part of lap band problem is the fact that you have to diet...You still absorb everything in what you eat... The second is that people still eat like they always have just in smaller amounts...but if you are eating all day little bits here and there it is no help...Grazing is a huge problem with RNY, too. There is a whole lot will power in any of the surgeries...Rny is the same, some days I would really love to eat all day and someday I will be able to and that scares me...I was never a grazer, but could easily becomeone if I don't change my ways... Try to make an appointment with a behavioral modification psychotherapist to get some ideas on helping with the head hunger issues or hit a support group meeting..
zlynnc
on 8/6/08 2:11 pm - BEAUFORT, NC
Your doctor will do fills along the way to find what works for you. Don't be afraid to tell him hey it ain't working, jack it up Doc!!! LOL Honestly tell him. Thats the thing with LAP. It doesn't really take the hunger away and you have to keep getting fills till you find the right fit. Don't let him make you think this is a failure. Go over to the LAP forum and those folks will tell you just what you need to do. When he fills it ask him if you can't go alittle more. If it is to much they can take fluid back out. Be insistant. You won't be a failure!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 783 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 778 views