Worried too soon!?

Lisa A.
on 8/26/08 5:00 am - Troy, MI

I may be worried too soon.  I had surgery on 7-1-08.  I started at 279 and am now 239.  When I want to feel better, I look at all the before & after pictures on this sight.  I read the profiles/stories about ones that started out close to my weight.  I haven't found anyone who hasn't had their extra skin removed, and most have had other medical problems b/c of the surgery.  I'm terrified to have this done and I don't want a gall bladder problem.  The doctor says I'm young (who'da thought late 30s is young) and my skin has a better chance to shrink pretty well. Is there anyone out there that looks and feels terrific without having the skin removed?  What kind of workouts would you recommend??

Barb S.
on 9/2/08 12:40 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi
I think you are worried too soon. a 40 pound weight loss is terrific but I would say not a great indication of wether or not you will need plastics. Dr is correct, the younger you are the more elastic your skin is so the better it will be. I had my surgery on June 17 and so far have lost 65 pounds. I too worry about plastics but am more concerned right now with my overall health and making sure I take int he nutrients required to stay healthy and happy.

May i suggest you take one day at a time and focus on getting the weight off rather than the potential problems associated with this surgery. As far as gall bladder problems, I am sure you can find many many many people who have never had gall bladder problems. I truly believe ti is  the luck of the draw. Your diet can affect the gall bladder, having had mine out (preop, 7 years ago while pregnant) I can only strongly urge you to watch the consumption of fatty foods and drink lots of water!

Take care and good luck.
Barb
[email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 783 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 778 views