First Fill on Lap Band at 2 months - PROBLEMS!

Carol V.
on 8/28/08 11:11 pm - Manchester, NH
I had my fist fill 2 days ago.  It has not been a good experience.  About 2 hours after the fill, I was trying to sip clear liquids and had a very bad experience for the whole day.  I would get hiccups, then over-salivate, then pain and vomiting.  Then I would feel OK for about 30 minutes, then the cycle would start over, hiccups, saliva, pain, vomit, good, hiccups, etc... 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Day 2 was not much better, and today is day 3, I should be easing myself back into food, but I am too scared and haven't been able to do more than water for 2 days.  Should I be calling the doctor's office or is this normal?  I hope all the vomiting hasn't caused a band slippage.

Carol in NH
jan234
on 8/28/08 11:20 pm
Hi Carol,

Your experience definitely does not seem normal to me.  I think you should absolutely call your doctor!  I've had two fills now since my 6/25/08 surgery date and have experience nothing like what you describe.  Don't delay - call your doctor!

Jan
motherpagel
on 6/15/09 4:07 am
Hi Carol
I am having the same issues.  I am much further out than you almost a year.  DR says I'm overfilled.  However, I have had three removals and not much relief.  I have had x-rays and esophagram.  Both were normal.  I puked or pbed on jello.  Ii am frustrated with them telling me I take too big of a bite or that I eat too fast.  I am making sure I follow the rules.  I hope you get some answers.  Let me know may be it will help me.

Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 784 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 778 views