June 1st Baby here!

gennamomma
on 9/3/09 4:01 am
Hi! I had my surgery on June 1st everything is going great! I have lost a total of about 60-65lbs! I am very happy and glad of my decsion to have the surgery! I am not focused on working out more and staying on the right track with my eating!

eljayem
on 9/5/09 5:08 am
 Hey - my date was 6/16.  I really do want to try to get a group going here so as we get further out we can kind of touch base to make sure we are on track.  I have a friend on another board (well, she's on this one, too) who hit a wicked stall at about 9 months.  She was getting quite depressed, and I think if she'd had someone from the same time it might have felt not so bad.  I was kind of hoping to get halfway to a normal BMI by my third month anniversary, but I think I'll be a few pounds short.  It's still wonderful to be only 58 pounds away from my goal!

I haven't started heavy duty exercise yet - just walking every day, from one to three miles.  I'm kind of on the fence about the whole gym thing.  It really isn't my bag. 
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
mandykay80
on 9/13/09 2:09 am - MN
I agree.  I would loooove to talk more with some peeps who are closer to my surgery date  :)  Everyones support and wise words help, dont get me wrong, but someone who is closer date wise would be fun!
annkate77
on 9/15/09 4:35 am
I had surgery june 4th, and have had my fair share of ups and downs.  Three weeks after my RNY I needed my gallbladder removed.  I was in the hospital for 2 weeks.  I then was hospitalized 2 more times in the summer for sever dehydration.  I am still having pain now, so tomorrow I will be going for my 2nd ct scan, which I will hopefully not get sick from (that was one of the reasons I was seriously dehydrated and admited to the hospital).  I have lost about 70# starting before my surgery. Eating really sucks for me. I have no appetite, and I really need to concentrate on getting in my fluids.  The regular 64oz for eveyrone else is not enough for me.  I need at least 100 ounces.  So it leaves little time for eating!  Work is hard to do because of the pain, and life is all on slow motion.  But things have improved, just not as much as I prefer.  I am almost done with my iron infusions, and am hoping they willmake me feel like doing more stuff!  Thanks!
Thanks for reading!
AnnKate

agrace
on 9/18/09 6:47 am - TX
HI,
I also had a June 1st date. I have lost a total of 60pds so far. I am losing a little hair, but I had a lot to start with so no bald spots yet. I am doing 45 mins of elliptical every other day (about 3 miles) and using a great program called C25K (couch potato to 5k in 9 weeks).
I love it and am feeling really great.
I have dropped from about a size 30 to a 24ish right now.
It's coming off from the top down, so I am still pretty big on my lower half, but I did have my pants fall down the other day,s so it's still coming off there....
I am struggling to get my water in and am taking gummy vitamins because I can't find ones l like.
I seem to be losing about 2-3pounds a week.
hmmm that's all I can think of for now. Let's keep chatting!
angie09
on 9/29/09 4:41 am
My surgery date was June 30, 2009 and I would love to stay in contact with people around my date.  I have done well, no complications, I have lost 65 pounds as of this morning.  Best decision I've ever made.
angie

So Thankful!!!    
new.life88
on 10/2/09 9:06 am - CA
Hi All!

I had my surgery June 16th, had some complications (lots of vomiting and foaming - grouchy pouch stuff).  I have lost 49 since surgery (I feel WAY too slow compared to you guys!) and 37 before - so total of 86. 

I have gone from a size 26 to a 20 (very close to an 18 now) - I am also losing from the top down with hips less effected.

I exercise 3 times a week min - more when I can - min 40 minutes aerobics (more when I can) plus some weight lifting.

I have had some depression (food feels like a chore and I can't tolerate much solid food at all still) - some anxiety (one stall freaked me out - I am losing slower - scare me terribly), lots of hair loss (hate it), and lots of positives (I feel a lot better, actually enjoy exercising, love buying new clothes, etc. - and am very anxious to hit the 100 pound loss mark and make it past that to my goal.

i would love to have a group here to check in - what if we pick a few days each month we check in on this string (June 2009 surgeries) Like every other Friday (today could be the first one) - thoughts?

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/09 2:34 am
Hi Everyone - My name is Mary - I am from Western Massachusetts.  I had my RNY on June 3rd.  I have lost almost 55 pounds total since.  I have learned the more you had to lose, the more you will have lost by this point.  I know though, that I could lose more if I exercised.  I surely am not a couch potato now and I stay active, but I dont "work out".  Also, I am able to eat whatever I want without any problems...I will have cake but only a 1 inch piece.

I was 243 and am 188 now.  I went from a 22 to a size 16 - but I want to get smaller but if i didn't i would be happy with the progress I have made this far.  This by far was the best thing I have ever done -

I do have a problem with mozzerella cheese - I get the foamies - but other than that - I'm great - Nice to meet you all!
mmartel1
on 10/30/09 2:52 am

I too am a June baby the 15th to be exact.  It is great to be able to share information with people from the same time period.I have lost a total of 104 lbs since I stated the liquid diet six weeks before my surgery but I seem to have hit a stall - in the past four weeks I have only lost two pounds.  I am hoping this is just temporary.  I have had no problems with different foods or textures and only have experienced food getting stuck once or twice.  I am able to eat just about anything but still in small portions.   I do however almost every evening get a little quesy  after eating for what ever reason it does not happen in the morning or afternoon.  I am so happy with my decision to have this surgery that even if I never lost another pound I feel great!  I have gone from a size 26 and 4xl to a 14 and xl shirts!  Yeah me!!!!

agrace
on 12/1/09 10:19 pm - TX
Most Active