Hey all the single mom's!

Cali_SL
on 10/20/09 1:19 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi. I had surgery June 1. While I was off work I went to the gym often. Once I returned to work and the kids went back to school, I've been having a hard time getting to the gym. I know I can work out at home, but, after working, cooking, and bathing the kids I'm exhausted! I know I've got to figure something out. How do other single mom's with small children find time to exercise? 
~Cali          
Sunshine73
on 10/20/09 1:37 am - Bolingbrook, IL
if you dont already.. i would suggest joining a gym that has day care...i know alot of the parents i see come to Xsport fitness drop their kids off at the day care. i think that its included in your membership
I am GODS child, but still the Devils favorite!!!!  
Katie D.
on 10/23/09 2:18 pm - Baltimore, MD
I am not a single mother but my husband works from 3pm-11pm & I have 4 children so I can relate. I have a membership to Golds gym & they have daycare there so I dont have to worry about who will watch them but it is just getting to the gym that I have a problem with, its a workout in itself to get them all ready & take them with me. Another thing that I have found helpful for home is the Wii Fit, it doesnt feel like excercise and its fun & I dont have to worry about the kids because they are at home doing their own thing so its a win win for all of us.
happiegirl
on 9/16/11 10:24 pm - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
I'm a single mom and so know what you mean. I sometimes walk around the building at work. Even 15 min. I plan to take my kids to the park and walk around while they play. Or maybe ill ride bikes with them when I get to a more normal weight.
kelibr
on 12/31/09 12:49 am
I am not a single mom but my DH isn't around all the time so I know what you mean.  It's exhausting.  We do have a daycare at our gym and that helps.  But I have now found a gym beside where I work.  I go at lunch and do a 45 min conbining cardio with weight training.  It's really helped.

Kelly

High/Surgery/Current/Goal
       288/242/138/145

Most Active