June 2nd Surgery

juneyl
on 10/26/09 10:34 am - Highland Heights, KY
 Hi everyone - as of today I have lost 95lbs, 72 since surgery, 23 during the month long liquid diet. 
I have been stuck for 2 wks or more several times now. It's quite frustrating and exercise doesn't seem to help. Eating less is the only thing that works. I have started tracking everything that goes in my mouth and have discovered that keeping the carbs to under 60 a day is difficult. 
  I appreciate reading everyone's posts....

new.life88
on 10/27/09 7:39 am - CA
Howdy - I had surgery 6/17 and can relate.  I have had 2 stalls and exercise didn't help mine either. But pumping up the protein, lowering carbs, and varying the total calroies across the week seems to jar things into moving again.  But the stalls totally freak me out....just trying to take a deep breath and do the right thing....
eljayem
on 10/28/09 8:40 pm
 I am so glad to read this - I've only dropped 4 pounds since the first of October.  With my time of the month, I may drop another pound by Saturday.  I really want to get rid of another 20 pounds, at least!
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
juneyl
on 5/28/12 7:08 am - Highland Heights, KY
I am now almost 3 years post surgery. A lot has happened the past 1 1/2 years, but  the result was gaining back 36lbs. I just has to get a grip and get going in the right direction again. I decided to go back on the pre-surgery MediFast diet and have taken off 10 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Once I get back under 200 I will feel a bit better and start eating real food again. My originial realistic goal from the doc was 188 and I had gotten down to 178 hoping to get to 154 so I was no longer considered obese. We'll see - one goal at a time...
HOLLI00
on 11/4/09 9:23 am - ALTUS, OK
I've lost around 68 lbs. I stall all the time and then drop like 5 lbs. What I started doing was actually writing down  my weight once a week because when I was just looking at it daily and not keeping track it seemed like my weight was bouncing all over the place. Once I started writing down I could see that after stalls came big weight loss. I'm pretty happy where I am at now, though my goal is still 18 lbs away. My hardest thing is getting all the water in :/
Holli Tamale
236.8/135/150

*RNY surgery done June 17th, 2009        
Most Active